General, General Thread Page 2,392

Every possession typically ends with a kick: a punt, a field goal or a point after the touchdown. All the all-time scoring leaders are kickers.

Quote: DaButt @ February 6 2012, 3:21 PM GMT

Every possession typically ends with a kick: a punt, a field goal or a point after the touchdown. All the all-time scoring leaders are kickers.

So they kick the ball about 5 times each per game?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 6 2012, 3:24 PM GMT

So they kick the ball about 5 times each per game?

Looks like there were 20 kicks in yesterday's game. The victorious Giants scored 13 of their 21 points via kicks.

Maybe they kick the ball about the same amount as we (I use the word 'we' loosely) head the ball per game?

(I don't watch sport.)

Us ladies do not have the mental capacity for sport. It's much like our problem with driving and making informed opinions of our own so if you don't mind, I shall forego attempting to join in and I'll just look at this instead.

Laughing out loud Gorg kitty Roo! but expect some awful 'kickbacks'

Quote: dellas @ February 6 2012, 9:38 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Gorg kitty Roo! but expect some awful 'kickbacks'

http://www.examiner.com/pet-rescue-in-national/chicago-man-arrested-for-kicking-his-cat-as-a-football

Death penalty...

Quote: zooo @ February 6 2012, 9:43 PM GMT

Death penalty...

Was that an intended pun?

(probably wasn't, but can't be arsed to explain penalty kicks to zooo)

Laughing out loud

Was unintended!
But believe it or not, I have managed to hear of the boring concept of the penalty kick.

Quote: zooo @ February 6 2012, 9:45 PM GMT

But believe it or not, I have managed to hear of the boring concept of the penalty kick.

In contrast my daughter is fanatical about Welsh rugby. She knows the rules (well better than most) and she was in boots the other day and a man came in during the Ireland v Wales game. She asked him why he wasn't watching the rugby and he replied that 'He only supported Newport FC'. She was about to call him a f**kwit when she remembered where she was and charged him for his shampoo :)

Quote: roscoff @ February 6 2012, 11:02 PM GMT

In contrast my daughter is fanatical about Welsh rugby. She knows the rules (well better than most) and she was in boots the other day and a man came in during the Ireland v Wales game. She asked him why he wasn't watching the rugby and he replied that 'He only supported Newport FC'. She was about to call him a f**kwit when she remembered where she was and charged him for his shampoo :)

Did boots need a capital B there Roscoff Ode Pal ?

Only I pictured her being so fanatical that she actually wore boots during the game, the better to get the atmosphere?

;)

Quote: zooo @ February 6 2012, 2:05 PM GMT

Truth is rubbish when foot points to shin and hand points to upper arm.

Is this the most pointless YouTube video ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTLfdBE12AI