How I lost my job as a censor

EDIT

Had an idea for how I can turn this into a proper sketch so I'm scrubbing out this doodle. Cheers for your comments, you've been a help.

Hmmmm.... Errr

Is that a comment? It is now!

A good kernel of an idea, but doesn't quite work? Maybe use as your base movie a clip where, as well as missing the cues on when to 'bleep', the censor has a dialogue with himself as to whether or not some of the words are actual swearwords or not...?

Or maybe not, whatever, do what you like, you know... :)

It comes across a bit muddled to me, David. I was hoping to see you sat round in a studio doing post production bleeping where you argue whether a swear word is really that offensive.

I got it, it was neat and funny a clever little idea

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 22 2010, 5:04 PM GMT

Hmmmm.... Errr

Is that a comment? It is now!

A good kernel of an idea, but doesn't quite work? Maybe use as your base movie a clip where, as well as missing the cues on when to 'bleep', the censor has a dialogue with himself as to whether or not some of the words are actual swearwords or not...?

Or maybe not, whatever, do what you like, you know... :)

Cheers, Tim. I know what you mean, there's something slightly off about it. I went for simplicity but I think it might have come out too simple for it's own good...

Quote: Ben @ December 22 2010, 7:19 PM GMT

It comes across a bit muddled to me, David. I was hoping to see you sat round in a studio doing post production bleeping where you argue whether a swear word is really that offensive.

Well, this one was just a re-dub idea I had that I could edit on my laptop. There's something in it I think, I'm just not hitting that high note...

Quote: sootyj @ December 22 2010, 9:02 PM GMT

I got it, it was neat and funny a clever little idea

But it could be so much better!

Put together a sketch spring-boarding from the original experiment. Comments welcome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMzGn0y21u0

I prefer the original which could be a little neater.

Very reminesent of Not the 9 o'clock news.

Wait... Didn't the Slagg's write this sketch?!

Didn't see the original do can;t compare the two but I liked the idea.

I'd maybe have had Censor #1 being censored a couple of times by the Censor Censor before the Censor Censor is revealed. The end becomes a little muddled/rushed also - so much censoring you kind of lose track of what's happening. And the Censor Censor's glee seemed a little misplaced to me - but maybe that's just me.

It did make me chuckle though!

Bo.

I did lose track a bit.
But the idea was great.

I will give it another watch though as it was funny

Yeah, there's a lot going on in this sketch in a very short space of time. Might be a case of choosing another, longer sweary scene we can work to. I like the idea of a censor censor but it's just not gelling right now. Third time's a charm (I hope).

You kind of lose track of the film bit because of everything else going on at once.