The King Is Dead

Just a reminder that 'The King Is Dead' (starring Simon Bird, Katy Wix & Nick Mohammed) starts this coming Thursday on BBC Three at 10.30pm (repeated Fridays at 9.30pm)...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_king_is_dead/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tn8v0

This is a comedy panel show which aims to be a little different. The two episodes I saw at a screening a few months ago were pretty darn funny, I thought. Anyway, why not give it a try, you never know...? :)

I cannot imagine why you are so interested in this show Tim...

I saw the ads for it, it looks funny!
So I'll be watching.

To be fair, I'm only credited as a writer on 2 of the episodes. And not credited at all in the BCG guide...

Cheers, dear. ;)

I'm not sure I like Simon Bird. I love him in The Inbetweeners, but he seems a bit prickish when he appears as himself.

I always look forward to BCGers getting on telly. Not sure how to judge someone's contributions to a panel show, but hopefully it should be good.

The advert is very offputting, but I will be watching and hopefully enjoying.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 28 2010, 11:52 AM BST

To be fair, I'm only credited as a writer on 2 of the episodes. And not credited at all in the BCG guide...

Stay tuned, a more in-depth guide (with exclusive interview with the three stars) is on the way... I've been a bit busy with Edinburgh but catching up now.

Quote: Mark @ August 28 2010, 8:55 PM BST

Exclusive interview with the three stars

Simon Bird, Tim Walker and who else?

Should be good. I'll be tuning in tonight...

Exclusive bit of 3AM Girls type shit about tonight's show...

James Corden wasn't even originally BOOKED to APPEAR on the SHOW, AT ALL!!! Louis Walsh fell ILL on the day of recording and JAMES filled in at the last MINUTE!! (As he's not off the telly for more than five minutes & practically lives at BBC TV Centre it's not that IMPRESSIVE, I guess, STILL...!!). As the OTHER one off GAVIN & STACEY would say "What's obfuscating, mate?" "Well, Nessa, I've just been CORD-ON (called on) to be on a BBC THREE panel show, which STARTS SHOOTING in an HOUR!!!!!!!".

(The jokes written about Louis Walsh were fortunately recyclable when the sick note finally appeared on an alternative episode.)

Well, that was a bad idea... :)

*chases Tim out with broom*

I was interested until you mentioned James Corden...

Well done to Tim I say!

Agreed. Congrats to Timbo Timington of Timminster.

Well, that was shit. I hope it get's better.

Didn't spot TW in the credits so hopefully he's not responsible for tonight's offering.