Which sitcom character would you most like to be? Page 4

I would like to have been 'Dave' from Only Fools And Horses. He got paid and didn't even have to turn up on set.

I like Peter from Family Guy. :)

Most of my friends have told me that they think I'm like Miranda, but they're all dead now.

I'd like to be Audrey from 'To the Manor Born', because she's strong, independent, stubborn, brave, never gives up and never lets things get on top of her.

I like the fact that she prioritised her pride and self respect over love. Most female characters, no matter how strong they are supposed to be, still go weak at the knees over a man. I loved that she never did.

Quote: JoLaw @ January 4 2011, 9:35 AM GMT

Most of my friends have told me that they think I'm like Miranda, but they're all dead now.

I'd like to be Audrey from 'To the Manor Born', because she's strong, independent, stubborn, brave, never gives up and never lets things get on top of her.

I like the fact that she prioritised her pride and self respect over love. Most female characters, no matter how strong they are supposed to be, still go weak at the knees over a man. I loved that she never did.

Was she even in to men? There was a definite lesbian subtext to that show, and her relationship with Marjorie Frobisher.

Yeah, they got married after she got the manor back.

He proposed to her, she turned him down because she didn't want to be reliant on him financially, and then when she was solvent again she proposed to him.

She's a feminist icon. :D

In reality, if the character existed, she would also be lonely and regretting not having a man around the place, not having sex whenever she wanted it and most of all probably, not having kids. You admire an ideal which is very very hard to live with in practice. That's why there aren't many like her, most women do not want to be.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 4 2011, 10:10 AM GMT

In reality, if the character existed, she would also be lonely and regretting not having a man around the place, not having sex whenever she wanted it and most of all probably, not having kids.

Men, sex and kids aren't the centre of every woman's life.

:O
I've been with the wrong women then. Where are these other creatures?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 4 2011, 10:33 AM GMT

:O
I've been with the wrong women then. Where are these other creatures?

Don't worry about them, Alfred. They're out of your league. Stick to the baby-making simpletons who need a man and six babies to define them. ;)

They're more fun to be with though. Well for a while. When it gets gay you simple move onto the next one.

You say 'more fun', I hear 'less challenging'.

I can't speak for Audrey, but as a single woman I'm not lonely, pining for kids, or regretting not having a man around the place. :)

I was with my ex for 11 years, been single for 2, and I know which I prefer!

Rik in 'The Young Ones' 'cos in 2.4 he got to wake up next to Jennifer Saunders when I used to fancy her.

Malcolm Tucker. The ability to not give a shit about people and get away with it would be amazing and also he can swear so good it is like poetry.

Kramer from Seinfeld. Out of sheer morbid curiosity.

It's Fawlty actually! I simply can't believe you got that one wrong, that's on a parr with misspelling Lulu.