The gambling thread Page 8

Quote: Badge @ November 28 2011, 10:48 PM GMT

I'll keep this short. One of the best bets of the year is available right now. Anything around 2-1 for Darren Clarke to be BBC sports personality of the year. On the day he might be 1-2.

I hope you all took my advice. Clarke is now 5-1.

Errr

Somehow stumbled onto this video - http://youtu.be/4yWaSfGosbQ - Matt Damon acting masterclass.

I decided to do a £5 accumulator bet on all of today's Scottish matches, to try and win some of the money back, that I've spent on presents. I got every prediction right, apart from one!! Rangers let me down by losing 2-1 Away to St Mirren, I think.

Footy bets always bite you on the ass

I'd blame the illuminaughty

Quote: catskillz @ December 24 2011, 7:56 PM GMT

I decided to do a £5 accumulator bet on all of today's Scottish matches, to try and win some of the money back, that I've spent on presents. I got every prediction right, apart from one!! Rangers let me down by losing 2-1 Away to St Mirren, I think.

Ouch. Unlucky.

I haven't been a serious gambler for 10 years, and the little phase I did have only lasted two years. What I can tell you, though, is that the safest way of making serious money, when betting on football, which by the way is the only sport that I've ever really gambled on, apart from my annual Grand National bet, is doing Handicap bets on the big teams, when they're playing at home against little teams. So if someone like Utd are playing someone like Wolves at home, back Utd to win by 2 goals or more. Just play it safe, and build your way up from there. I used this tactic 10 years ago, and my most successful run was 20 wins in a row.

Quote: catskillz @ December 24 2011, 8:27 PM GMT

bet on the big teams, when they're playing at home against little teams. So if someone like Utd are playing someone like Wolves at home, back Utd to win by 2 goals or more. J

Oi !

Okay then, West Brom.

Quote: catskillz @ December 25 2011, 12:39 AM GMT

Okay then, West Brom.

Laughing out loud

Just been checking out tomorrow's Ffos Las cards.. and in the 1st race (12 run) there is a horse (No.5) which is currently 948/1 on Betfair.

Its form looks terrible, but 948/1? That'll surely be gone by tomorrow.

That must be a mistake surely!

That's what I thought, but:

Ffos Las

Must have three legs

Had money on Kauto Stone today - dreadful performance :(

I've been having a good couple of days.