The gambling thread Page 25

You're welcome.

Laughing out loud

Want a small dabble on the horses next Saturday then make sure you put £2 on the 'Scoop 6'.

It's a popular bet. Each week 6 races are picked by the Tote and if anyone picks all 6 winners, they grab the jackpot.

But here's the thing - if no one wins all the money gambled goes onto the next Saturday's Scoop 6

No one has won it since March and so the winnings this next Saturday are going to be about £15 million for a £2 stake.

It was £10 million yesterday and 3 punters were on 3 different horses for the last race. Two of them came 2nd and 3rd with the one finishing 2nd being in front just short of the finishing post.

Here's the info. Pick 6 nags and win £15 million - good luck

http://www.totesport.com/totesport/landingpages/scoop6/

Gambling leads to male prostitution. Believe me. I read about it in a magazine.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th May 2014, 7:04 PM BST

No one has won it since March

Does that not tell you something?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 18th May 2014, 8:10 PM BST

Does that not tell you something?

Of course it does and a quick look on the site tells you that a lot of 20/1 and bigger odds have spoiled everyone's cards for the last two months.

All it takes is a run of 1st and 2nd favourites to win the 6 races and the pot will be won.
Admittedly if that happens there will be a lot of winners but they will be sharing out £15 million instead of a few thousand.

Plus they are giving a free £10 bet if you bet £5.

For a small fee you have better odds than the lottery.

Might put a ton on Rotherham for the playoff final.

Why?

Close your eyes and try and picture Leyton f**king Orient in the Championship. It's not possible. The human mind is not capable of such feats.

Merry Millers all the way.

I may have to put a bet on Rotherham to jinx them

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 20th April 2014, 10:54 AM BST

I've joined you in opposing Liverpool today Steve, I've backed Norwich to win 2-1 at 25/1. You owe me one :)

As a sort of Norwich supporter I did the decent thing and backed Liverpool :)

Marc, you had a taste of winning on the horses yesterday, but please don't get addicted. The bookies are the only winners.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th May 2014, 7:04 PM BST

Want a small dabble on the horses next Saturday then make sure you put £2 on the 'Scoop 6'.

It's a popular bet. Each week 6 races are picked by the Tote and if anyone picks all 6 winners, they grab the jackpot.

But here's the thing - if no one wins all the money gambled goes onto the next Saturday's Scoop 6

No one has won it since March and so the winnings this next Saturday are going to be about £15 million for a £2 stake.

I see six people won it last week getting 1.3million each...but one winner went a little past the £2 and apparently spent over £400 which I suppose did give him something of an edge.

I hope one of the winners wasn't Renegade - he'll have blown the lot by now :)

Going thru the wc odds and they are nuts, potential bargains galore especially on the winner. Holland 33/1, that's last time's runners up who sailed thru their qual group with ease! Italy 25/1, also insanely high. Even England are worth a spare tenner at 28/1. Chile great odds at 50-1, fancied Columbia as high as 39! The 10-18/1 market used to be stuffed, now only one there - 5th faves Belgium as low as 14/1 Teary What have the bookies been drinking?

Amazingly generous but daft looking odds. Fully expected to see Italy 12, Holland 14, France, Columbia 16, England, Chile, Uruguay 18. Internet betting has turned once cautious bookmakers into cavalier loons.

I got 40/1 England E/W. Which is, they have to reach the final. Plus a free bet on the first match.

I don't hold much hope but you have to be patriotic and at the moment I'm playing with the bookies brass anyway.

If anyone is betting on the top scorer for the tournament, Paddy Power have a decent offer.

Stake £20 (£10 EW is fine) and they'll give you a free £5 bet every time he scores during the tournament.

I've gone 'Fred' EW; the Brazilian striker, not Sunshine (one for the noobs there).