British animated sitcoms?

I'm writing my dissertation this summer and writing it on BRITISH animated sitcoms and I need some help in finding some more animated sitcoms, they have to be British though and I've hit a wall. :S Any of you guys know any British animated sitcoms?

Not running anymore but, Stressed Eric, Bob and Margret.

Plus, there must be quite a few on CBBC/CITV.

Bromwell High and Popetown spring to mind. Also Aaagh! It's The Mr Hell Show, although that was largely sketch with sitcom elements than strict sitcom.

Children's examples include Dennis & Gnasher.

What about Wallis and Grommit?

Crapston Villas?

And of course there's "Meet the Newmans".

I suppose it depends on what one means by 'animated'. Mongrels could count - Wallace & Gromit have never had a sitcom though.

Quote: Aaron @ June 15 2010, 4:34 PM BST

I suppose it depends on what one means by 'animated'. Mongrels could count - Wallace & Gromit have never had a sitcom though.

Maybe not really but they are comedies and generally last the same length as a sitcom.

Well, Bottom definitely had plenty of cartoon violence!

Pond Life - Ran late at night in the 90s.

And if Aaron's going to include Dennis the Menace then I'll include The Perishers, and The Magic Roundabout but there's bound to be hundreds more kids' ones, I don't see why you shouldn't include them.

Popetown was dire. If Alfred J Kipper's going to include The Perishers, and The Magic Roundabout, then I'll include Doctor Snuggles, Tube Mice and Bananaman.

Tubemice!

I had a video of that years ago. Hated it!

Willo The Wisp

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ June 15 2010, 7:35 PM BST

And if Aaron's going to include Dennis the Menace then I'll include The Perishers, and The Magic Roundabout ...

The Magic Roundabout isn't British. It was created by Serge Danot and originally shown in France.

Aw. Tube mice sounds cute.

Quote: David Carmon @ June 16 2010, 12:04 PM BST

Tubemice!

I had a video of that years ago. Hated it!

It was rather weak. I first saw it on Israeli TV and was a big fan, solely because George Cole and Dennis Waterman did the voices. Another cartoon series with a great voice but a lousy concept was The Ratties (voiced by Spike Milligan). The baby rat that wore a walkman and rap-danced was most annoying.

Pugwash, Bengo, Noggin the Nog, Clangers etc etc etc.

Why is it we're obsessed with saying that we can't do animated sitcoms? Full English was good for what it was, Rex the Runt was excellent.

Not sure about The Wild World of Warren though...