Things that piss you off Page 1,681

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 22nd July 2016, 2:48 PM BST

What a load of b*llocks, any other vulnerable groups you want to insult ?

It's just alliteration. Like Nick Nockerty. (Which is also consonance and assonance.) Observing the self-righteous indignation of clinical depressives and introverted narcissists does not an absence of empathy make. Not remotely.

Nice picture of your mum by the way.

The thylacine is extinct in Tasmania.

Nice picture of your mum by the way.

That's a bit out of order

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd July 2016, 9:20 PM BST

That's a bit out of order

And, of course, Kenneth's posts aren't. Oh, no, not in any way.

Sorry
It was a joke

I always think there should be more of them on the forum

Oh and thicker skins
As it's full of people who think they are funny so whatever you post there will be someone waiting to take the piss out of it

What really pisses me off are parents who stop their kids wandering somewhere they don't want them to by saying something like "There's spiders in there". It makes the child scared and run back to them and then the parent looks all smug. I'm not violent but it makes me want to whack them really hard on the arm with a piece of wood.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd July 2016, 10:01 PM BST

Sorry
It was a joke

I always think there should be more of them on the forum

Oh and thicker skins
As it's full of people who think they are funny so whatever you post there will be someone waiting to take the piss out of it

Sorry I didn't spot the joke. Yes we need jokes. I've just found the whole business so nasty that I think I've lost my sense of humour. Teary

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 22nd July 2016, 10:14 PM BST

What really pisses me off are parents who stop their kids wandering somewhere they don't want them to by saying something like "There's spiders in there". It makes the child scared and run back to them and then the parent looks all smug. I'm not violent but it makes me want to whack them really hard on the arm with a piece of wood.

Why the arm? Go for their thick skulls.

Shitty cardboard CD and DVD cases. I know we live in the age of the download, but sometimes it's nice to have a hard copy of a favourite film or album to sit on your shelf. Except they can't if they're shitty cardboard.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd July 2016, 10:31 AM BST

Shitty cardboard CD and DVD cases. I know we live in the age of the download, but sometimes it's nice to have a hard copy of a favourite film or album to sit on your shelf. Except they can't if they're shitty cardboard.

And CDs that don't turn up from Amazon. I'm getting fed up with paying money for nothing.

Also, American politicians who stand on a stage pointing at an imaginary member in the crowd and using their eyes as if to acknowledge them while indicating to their running mate that they are pointing at someone in particular and using their eyes in that way when they are not. Why do they do it? Is it a rock star thing?

Also, American politicians who place their right hand across their torso to the left as a way of showing what does it mean - solidarity? Not only does it look like a fad but it also looks like they are about to have a heart attack.

Somewhere in my stuff I think I have a large number of empty plastic DVD cases which you could have.

At one stage computer magazines used to put the DVDs in cases, but there were too many, too bulky for me & I keep the disks in big (400) zipped binders.

Angry Can't find a replacement music rest for my keyboard. I didn't find out it was broken until last night and I needed it for tomorrow. Will have to make do now. Annoyed that the person who had it last didn't tell me they'd broken it.

Parents on planes who do nothing to try and soothe their small children when they are crying/clearly distressed. I get that your small person is probably scared and maybe their ears are hurting- so it is fair enough if they are crying. I understand that with really little ones, you can't explain what's happening or take them somewhere else. I know that you might not be able to calm them- but at least you could try.

From a purely aesthetic point of view I much prefer cardboard CD sleeves.

Why the f**k do Outlook have to keep changing? You get used to it and they change the f**king layout!

I've spent the weekend putting down about 15 kilos of salt and baking powder on my carpets after I realised my new flat is infested with fleas. I didn't notice for the first few days and woke up one morning scratching my ankles which is when I noticed they had about 5 fleas on each leg feeding away. I have about 100 red bumps appear on my ankles and feet from being bitten so much and the healing with Lanacane is being slowed because I have to keep them covered in socks all the time to prevent any more bites. I told the landlord and I don't think he knew. He said the last tennants had a cat so that explains the fleas but the place was infested. You could put your hand or foot anywhere on the carpet throughout the flat and within a second there would be fleas jumping on you.

Disgusting and I can't see how the last tennants lived like this. Maybe that's why they moved out instead of tackling the problem leaving muggins here to do it. I remember fleas when I was younger and had family dogs but that was one or two bites and a little flea trap in every room to get rid of them. This is so bad I think the medical term is I've been bitten to buggery and I think it's going to need a professional.

Does anyone know if Bodie or Doyle do pest control?

Sorry for the weak gag but I'm desperatley trying to be humourous despite living with parasites. Bloody good at jumping though to be fair.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th July 2016, 10:26 PM BST

I've spent the weekend putting down about 15 kilos of salt and baking powder on my carpets after I realised my new flat is infested with fleas. I didn't notice for the first few days and woke up one morning scratching my ankles which is when I noticed they had about 5 fleas on each leg feeding away. I have about 100 red bumps appear on my ankles and feet from being bitten so much and the healing with Lanacane is being slowed because I have to keep them covered in socks all the time to prevent any more bites. I told the landlord and I don't think he knew. He said the last tennants had a cat so that explains the fleas but the place was infested. You could put your hand or foot anywhere on the carpet throughout the flat and within a second there would be fleas jumping on you.

Disgusting and I can't see how the last tennants lived like this. Maybe that's why they moved out instead of tackling the problem leaving muggins here to do it. I remember fleas when I was younger and had family dogs but that was one or two bites and a little flea trap in every room to get rid of them. This is so bad I think the medical term is I've been bitten to buggery and I think it's going to need a professional.

Sorry for the weak gag but I'm desperatley trying to be humourous despite living with parasites. Bloody good at jumping though to be fair.

I had a similar experience 20+ years ago, house-sitting in East Ham for a month, but the two cats were very much still there. I'd go downstairs in the morning, and at least 5 fleas would leap onto my bare legs. I think I tried using some anti-flea powder, but can't really remember how effective it was. As in your situation, there was no prior warning, and the owners had gone abroad. Carpets are the worst for harbouring the little buggers.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th July 2016, 10:26 PM BST

Contact your local authority to find out wbether their pest control people can help.