Things that piss you off Page 1,591

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th April 2015, 8:56 AM BST

You are not alone in noticing this - it's almost uncanny. (The car being grey/silver)

I don't want to be sexist but 90% of them are women drivers too.

Not just me then. :D And yes, it is a fact - when I used to check the cars whilst driving to work that the majority of them were women. Sorry if this upsets anyone but.........."say what you see".

Yes, that is odd isn't it Stephen - I wonder if most grey/silver cars are owned by women? Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th April 2015, 8:56 AM BST

You are not alone in noticing this - it's almost uncanny. (The car being grey/silver)

I don't want to be sexist but 90% of them are women drivers too.

Show us the official research

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th April 2015, 9:21 AM BST

IT IS A FACT - when I used to check the cars whilst driving to work that the majority of them were women.

Roy Walker - "Say What You See"

Quote: Loopey @ 19th April 2015, 9:40 AM BST

Here's some research! From a study on the ratio of men and women in crowds, and people's perception.

"They found that if there's 17 percent women, the men in the group think it's 50-50. And if there's 33 percent women, the men perceive that as there being more women in the room than men."

Quote: zooo @ 19th April 2015, 11:04 AM BST

Here's some research! From a study on the ratio of men and women in crowds, and people's perception.

"They found that if there's 17 percent women, the men in the group think it's 50-50. And if there's 33 percent women, the men perceive that as there being more women in the room than men."

Now that is interesting (genuinely) - I wonder if that is because...maybe not. ;)

Men eh, so unpredictable and fickle, and cranky when they get older too. Whistling nnocently

Can you find a link to the actual study? I can't.

Articles about the study? This is an interesting one that mentions it and others. http://inthesetimes.com/article/16157/our_feminized_society

I don't have a link to the actual study. But now I'm thinking do I ever see actual studies, or just articles about studies.

And now I've said the word study too much and it sounds weird.

I just always like to see the name of a study rather than believe people who say something nebulous like "there's this study which says...", because that isn't very scientific. But I'm glad you mentioned it anyway, it's an interesting possibility.

Quote: Nogget @ 19th April 2015, 1:48 PM BST

I just always like to see the name of a study rather than believe people who say something nebulous like "there's this study which says...", because that isn't very scientific.

Ah yeah, I know what you mean. :)

Perception vs reality is very interesting. I think we probably all do it, with all sorts of things.

Not bad - but I have made a couple of modest adjustments:

Here's some research! From a study on the ratio of men and women in audiences, and people's perception.

"They found that if there's 17 percent women, the men on the stage think it's 100 per cent."

Quote: Nogget @ 19th April 2015, 1:48 PM BST

I just always like to see the name of a study rather than believe people who say something nebulous like "there's this study which says...", because that isn't very scientific. But I'm glad you mentioned it anyway, it's an interesting possibility.

I always like to see the name of a study when someone says 'It's a fact' when it's actually an opinion.

It's bastards who overtake on the inside that piss me off, especially when you're waiting to get to the inside. AND IT'S ALWAYS MEN!

Quote: Loopey @ 19th April 2015, 3:16 PM BST

I always like to see the name of a study when someone says 'It's a fact' when it's actually an opinion.

An opinion is if someone said "I think.........", a fact is if you have seen it with your own eyes - doesn't have to be a study.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th April 2015, 4:20 PM BST

An opinion is if someone said "I think.........", a fact is if you have seen it with your own eyes - doesn't have to be a study.

Ah, then I misunderstood. Your fact is that you checked cars on dark days whilst driving to work and the majority of those with no lights on were driven by women.
I thought you were stating that Stephen's comment about '90% of them being women drivers too' was a fact.

Quote: Loopey @ 19th April 2015, 5:19 PM BST

Ah, then I misunderstood. Your fact is that you checked cars on dark days whilst driving to work and the majority of those with no lights on were driven by women.
I thought you were stating that Stephen's comment about '90% of them being women drivers too' was a fact.

Noo, noo. :) 'Ave to 'ave me loights on the Fergie when I takes 'er on the rud owen to the fact she's grey.