Jerry Sadowitz

Jerry Sadowitz, the best comedian who isn't Stewart Lee, is doing some gigs in January. In London. Here's the link:

http://www.jerrysadowitz.com/pages/gigsmain.htm

Has he still got lovely curly hair like a Magpie presenter?

Yes.

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2009, 10:38 AM GMT

Has he still got lovely curly hair like a Magpie presenter?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 3 2009, 10:47 AM GMT

Yes.

Another winning thread, John!

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2009, 10:53 AM GMT

Another winning thread, John!

Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Someone once rang in a radio phone-in show and said they were taking their mum to see him. I wonder if she liked it.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 3 2009, 10:25 AM GMT

Jerry Sadowitz, the best comedian who isn't Stewart Lee

Stewart Lee is very good indeed at what he does, but there's no genius involved.

Jerry Sadowitz has a touch of genius.

He has talent. I shall grant him that much but this talent has been focused on creating the wrong type of comedy. If his slef esteem was at an appropriate level he'd realise that he could make people laugh without being so negative and bringing up inappropriate subject.

If he does see the error of his ways I can assure you he will be the greatest comedy act to come out of Scotland since the Krankies.

He's also apparently one of the best slight-of-hand magicians in the world.

Oh, and IT David, you are now officially beyond parody. ;)

Is this a good thing?

Quote: IT David @ December 3 2009, 11:43 AM GMT

If he does see the error of his ways I can assure you he will be the greatest comedy act to come out of Scotland since the Krankies.

David, how do you feel about The Krankees 'milk, milk, lemonade, round the back chocolate's made' routine?

I used to see Jerry Sadowitz quite often where I used to live because of his magic shop in Farringdon.

I always wanted to go up to him and say what a fan I was, but he never looked apporachable. He was probably on the look out for violent Canadian Tina Turner fans.

Quote: IT David @ December 3 2009, 11:43 AM GMT

He has talent. I shall grant him that much but this talent has been focused on creating the wrong type of comedy. If his slef esteem was at an appropriate level he'd realise that he could make people laugh without being so negative and bringing up inappropriate subject.

Thank you, Dwight.

Anyone remember his paedophile Harry Potter? Pleased

Quote: Leevil @ December 3 2009, 3:22 PM GMT

Anyone remember his paedophile Harry Potter? Pleased

Rings a bell. Was that in his live show or one of his Channel 5 things?