I've just seen... Page 404

What did you want to happen?

Well not that awful American schmaltz, that's for sure.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th April 2015, 4:14 PM BST

Will Smith went down a notch for me after that.

That was very kind of him.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th April 2015, 3:40 PM BST

But I could have done without the crappy Hollywood ending after that.

I kind of liked the schmaltzy ending, but I'm a big softie at heart.

'Spect you like My Little Pony as well.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th April 2015, 10:17 AM BST

'Spect you like My Little Pony as well.

You've got a field full of those haven't you?

OK, I wasn't going to but.................

Neigh.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th April 2015, 1:14 PM BST

OK, I wasn't going to but.................

Neigh.

Well, someone has to trot out the old jokes.

Clip clop. :D

127 Hours....excellent, very moving and well put together film, though I could only view the 'bit' through tiny slits in my fingers.

Went to see Jurassic World last night and it was a little disappointing. Just very average.

Maybe a bit too similar to Jurassic World in terms of how the plot unfolds, but I suppose they bunged in a few nice twists and meta jokes.

The characters, though, were the worst part. I mean, Chris Pratt's character was pretty likable, but even then his whole raison d'etre was paper thin.

There certainly weren't nothing like Jeff Goldblum or Sam Neill's characters to engage with and give a damn about. Most of the cast could have been gobbled up by a raptor in the first five minutes and I'd have been nonplussed.

You know, I didn't hate the film, but it really didn't meet my expectations. Especially seeing as it's got decent reviews so far.

Thanks Ben you confirmed my suspicions.

I liked the first one, it was charming, funny and actually felt like it was about science.

There was a slight moral regarding science running through this, but it was handled pretty clumsily compared to the first one. And certainly didn't add anything new.

I haven't seen it yet but maybe they could have used this opportunity to introduce a new technology, the same way the original opened the gates for CGI. Of course, a new technology doesn't exist yet, so they probably should have waited until it did. I'm not saying that should be its main priority but Jurassic World currently just looks like another generic summer blockbuster that will be forgotten about in a few months, which is a shame because I will (hopefully) never forget that feeling when I first saw those Brontosauruseses as an 8 year old and it would have be great if they could have recreated that for a new generation.

What comes close? I'm not sure I can think of much!

This is why I have been following the new virtual reality wave that will hopefully be a more successful than it's last run in the 90s. I've witnessed it, I've owned a VR headset - it's the future people!

My son went to see it last night...............WHEN he gets out of bed I will ask him what he thought of it.