I've just seen... Page 398

Holy crap dude

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th September 2014, 12:16 AM BST

booyah

and that's a heck uva image quote

Actually looking at it closely is it possibly a Viz pisstake?

It is not. I had that book as a young child and it is probably still in the loft along with other Enid. I'm not sure that I took to it much and I preferred some of her others. This is the picture on the front of mine:

Much of that stuff was on the cusp of the old world and the new. I accept in the modern day it looks a bit dubious. But more broadly, people now talk about child indoctrination at the drop of a hat and it's rubbish. I had no inclination whatsoever towards Nazi-ism in my teens because of it. What I did think - and still do - is that quite a lot of stuff then had an eerie sort of quality as it was already out of date. The cartoons in the Rupert annuals always had that vibe. But the book that gave me real nightmares was a second hand 1930s tome on French cuisine. I was in no doubt that it was evil - and for no rational reason threw it in the bin.

Treat yourself Chappers Old Bean while it's on special offer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Adventures-Pink-Whistle-Happy-Days/dp/1841356654/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411832469&sr=8-1&keywords=adventures+mr+pink+whistle

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th September 2014, 4:44 PM BST

Treat yourself Chappers Old Bean while it's on special offer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Adventures-Pink-Whistle-Happy-Days/dp/1841356654/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411832469&sr=8-1&keywords=adventures+mr+pink+whistle

Interesting. I don't remember the story. But seeing that she was supposed to be to the right of Nick Griffin in real life - and allegedly a child hater - Mr Pinkwhistle's character in those reviews reads like Tony Benn.

Well this was my copy!! :(

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th September 2014, 4:47 PM BST

Interesting. I don't remember the story. But seeing that she was supposed to be to the right of Nick Griffin in real life - and allegedly a child hater - Mr Pinkwhistle's character in those reviews reads like Tony Benn.

I was more alluding to the price . . .

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2014, 4:48 PM BST

Well this was my copy!! :(

Any more for any more? :D

That's the same one as mine.

I don't get it.

Aren't we supposed to be several years apart? :D

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th September 2014, 4:50 PM BST

I was more alluding to the price . . .

Class! :D

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th September 2014, 4:52 PM BST

Any more for any more? :D

That's the same one as mine.

I don't get it.

Aren't we supposed to be several years apart? :D

Whatever, I think I lived in a more enlightening time.
:P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2014, 4:58 PM BST

Whatever, I think I lived in a more enlightening time.
:P

You mean, one when you could read that sort of book around the age of 20?

I guess it was the Harry Potter of its day. :)

nb Oh, I've only just noticed the appendage.

It isn't the same as mine - and other comments also no longer apply :(

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th September 2014, 5:00 PM BST

You mean, one when you could read that sort of book around the age of 20?

I guess it was the Harry Potter of its day. :)

nb Oh, I've only just noticed the appendage.

It isn't the same as mine - and other comments also no longer apply :(

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud I should have made it more obvious - I thought your posts were a bit odd. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2014, 5:45 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud I should have made it more obvious - I thought your posts were a bit odd. :D

It was obvious enough thanks. As soon as it was obvious. Rolling eyes

Even I thought my original paragraphs were a bit odd when I read them. In contrast, what followed would have been fairly standard if only I had understood the context. Anyhow, I think that's the thing with Blyton. It's literary drugs. The combination of her and 60s psychedelia just had to be some sort of bizarre social experiment on all of us. And I am in absolutely no doubt that is why the country is so screwed up today.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th September 2014, 7:06 PM BST

It was obvious enough thanks. As soon as it was obvious. Rolling eyes

Even I thought my original paragraphs were a bit odd when I read them. In contrast, what followed would have been fairly standard if only I had understood the context. Anyhow, I think that's the thing with Blyton. It's literary drugs. The combination of her and 60s psychedelia just had to be some sort of bizarre social experiment on all of us. And I am in absolutely no doubt that is why the country is so screwed up today.

Aaah, poor Enid. :(

Poor Chocolate Watch Band.

Poor Strawberry Alarm Clock. :(