Do you GROW? Page 3

And very fetching it looks too.

If you slept in the greenhouse it would grow even faster.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/9712/636#P408212

The majority of the plants in my garden have reached the end of their lifespan. Three months of triple-digit temperatures and no rain is not a good thing for plants. The various peppers are still producing like crazy, but the tomatoes are now growing to ping pong ball size and the strawberries are shriveled nubs.

I think I'll tear most of it up this weekend so I can save water.

Quote: Aaron @ August 28 2009, 2:43 PM BST

My hair.

Hippy!

I'm growing more and more pissed off.

And welcome back by the way Doc. There's a few of us have missed you. See the BCG Buddy thread.

Quote: Chappers @ August 28 2009, 4:29 PM BST

Quote: Chappers @ August 28 2009, 4:29 PM BST

And welcome back by the way Doc. There's a few of us have missed you. See the BCG Buddy thread.

Thank you. I missed me some too :$

Those Chillis look great Marc.
I've never managed to grow them very well, but my Tomatoes are coming along nice.
And I picked an impressive courgette the other day.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 28 2009, 11:13 PM BST

My Tomatoes are coming along nice.
And I picked a nice courgette the other day.

:O

Resentment and bitterness, as ever it's a bumper crop.

I've just rearranged my cucumber and butternut squash plant, hopefully for the better.

They were doing alright, just didn't like them dragging on the floor. Now I've propped them up with a cane, so they stand vertical. Is this an OK think to do? They look alright, and a brief internet search suggests it's OK.

Quote: Leevil @ August 29 2009, 12:36 PM BST

I've just rearranged my cucumber and butternut squash plant, hopefully for the better.

They were doing alright, just didn't like them dragging on the floor. Now I've propped them up with a cane, so they stand vertical. Is this an OK think to do? They look alright, and a brief internet search suggests it's OK.

Can't see it will hurt. I see some blackberries are ready, so I'll have to get blackberrying soon and make some nice crumbles with the apples my sister-in-law gave me from her garden. I a high crumble topping to fruit ratio and the topping must have jumbo oats in it.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 29 2009, 4:50 PM BST

Can't see it will hurt. I see some blackberries are ready, so I'll have to get blackberrying soon and make some nice crumbles with the apples my sister-in-law gave me from her garden. I a high crumble topping to fruit ratio and the topping must have jumbo oats in it.

:) Yeah, next day it's looking fine.

We have lots of blackberries this year. I wanna make jam. But your suggestion sounds good too, seeing as we have a huge apple tree too, currently filling the garden up with its droppings.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 29 2009, 4:50 PM BST

Teary
Sounds lovely.

No more crumbles for me.

I have a black thumb. I kill plants.

Tonights dinner was a mix of runner beans, tomatoes, courgettes, garlic, onions and mushrooms fried up with some bacon bits with strawberries and raspberries for dessert, all from the garden (except the bacon). Yummy!