Happy Hollidays

This new BBC Scotland show is apparently going to make its debut on 4 September. I'm looking forward to seeing the first episode.

It's due to star Ford Kiernan and Gavin Mitchell from Still Game, Karen Dunbar, Kathleen McDermott and Anthony Bowers, and is going to be written by Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp.

Oooh, I'll keep an eye out for this. Thanks.

I should've mentioned this earlier, but the 4 September is when the show starts in Scotland. It may start in England on the same date, but I'm not sure.

I think we can get BBC Scotland on Sky or Virgin in any case.

Sometimes you can get BBC Scotland stuff on Virgin catchup, but it's not guaranteed. I'm sure I can get it somehow. :D

I think I get all the regional stations on Tiscali now.

Annoyingly its a Scottish-only show, thus those of us south of the border will have to watch it via Satellite or iPlayer.

Our write-up for the show, with character guides etc is here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/happy_hollidays/

Luckily, there's nothing else worth watching in that time slot (22:30). Channel 971, Sky friends. :)

After looking forward to seeing it, I can honestly say I didn't think much of it.

After being somewhat apprehensive about seeing it, I can honestly say I really rather enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it too. I still can't get over how different Gavin Mitchell looks and sounds in this though compared to his role as Boabby the barman in Still Game.

Quote: John M @ September 6 2009, 8:13 PM BST

After looking forward to seeing it, I can honestly say I didn't think much of it.

Me also :(

I know it's on iPlayer, but does anyone know if it's available through Virgin's catchup/on demand type thing?

I like it - it's good.
Better than the normal Scottish stuff.
It's getting better the more it goes on.

It's as funny as toothache. You know what's coming next on every gag. Compare this to Still Game and you will be miles off. Ford Keirnan and Greg Hemphill need to get back together fast and save Effingee Productions. I will be amazed if this gets a second series.