Favourite ITV sitcom Page 5

Well they haven't, so you're wrong. :P

Quote: Aaron @ August 26 2009, 3:38 PM BST

Well they haven't, so you're wrong. :P

Wooo - get you!

If we're including Channel 4
You could go for Father Ted, the IT crowd, Spaced, the Imbetweeners, Black Books, Phoenix nights and Peep Show to name a few

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 26 2009, 4:37 PM BST

If we're including Channel 4
You could go for Father Ted, the IT crowd, Spaced, the Imbetweeners, Black Books, Phoenix nights and Peep Show to name a few

That's what I mean.

Quality wise Channel 4 leaves ITV in the dark ages of simpleton comedy.

Quote: Chappers @ August 26 2009, 4:45 PM BST

That's what I mean.

Quality wise Channel 4 leaves ITV in the dark ages of simpleton comedy.

Channel 4 has never really given us any memorable characters which immediately spring to mind, where ITV has given us Stan Butler, Rigsby and George Roper, amongst many others.

Quote: John M @ August 26 2009, 4:57 PM BST

Channel 4 has never really given us any memorable characters which immediately spring to mind, where ITV has given us Stan Butler, Rigsby and George Roper, amongst many others.

And your argument is?

I honestly thought that George Roper was embarrasing, Rigsby OTT and Butler annoying.

Ok - all memorable but for the wrong reasons.

For all you Chance in a Million fans here it is. Tom looks a bit like Billy Bleach. The internet. Amazing isn't it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYfYaqOWAw

I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm simply saying that channel 4 is no better than ITV in terms of comedy shows.

George Roper is fab. And we're not going into Channel 4 shows any further than that, please. Create a new thread. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 26 2009, 5:20 PM BST

George Roper is fab. And we're not going into Channel 4 shows any further than that, please. Create a new thread. :)

Thank you. It was you who added them in though.

Quote: Chappers @ August 26 2009, 5:07 PM BST

And your argument is?

I honestly thought that George Roper was embarrasing, Rigsby OTT and Butler annoying.

Have watched very little of Man about the House or George and Mildred so have very little opinion of George Roper. Rigsby is a top character and how on earth can you find Stan Butler annoying?

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 26 2009, 7:15 PM BST

How on earth can you find Stan Butler annoying?

:O :O :O

Rising Damp for me too.
George and Mildred is probably my 2nd fave and On The Buses my third. The characters in all these are very vivid, making these sitcoms the most memorable ITV probably did.
More of a comedy drama but I've always liked Budgie as well.

Oh hang on a mo tho, Love Thy Neighbour was ITV wasn't it?? Yes, that's in my top 5 then.

Yep, lovely Thames. :)