The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 650

The Spanish away jersey looks like the players have thrown up their lunch (maybe a pizza) on it.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st June 2016, 9:48 PM BST

The Spanish jersey looks like the players have thrown up their lunch (maybe a pizza) on it.

Reminds me of the birds shit on the shoulder Tottenham shirts of a few years ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIRT-TOTTENHAM-HOTSPUR-1992-93-UMBRO-VINTAGE-JERSEY-FOOTBALL-PREMIER-LEAGUE-/142023008119

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st June 2016, 9:48 PM BST

The Spanish away jersey looks like the players have thrown up their lunch (maybe a pizza) on it.

I genuinely like it a lot, especially from a distance. Jackson Pollock meets Sergio Tacchini in the 1980s.

We need a Hungary thread!

Not a bad little game eh? That's the sort of game for the neutrals.

Hungary wins the group which is madness (I'm very happy for them not only because I have Hungarian roots). Even madder: Portugal doesn't win a match yet reaches the 1/8 finals. :S I think they should change the system for the next Euro.

Brilliant from Ireland, thoroughly deserved that win.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd June 2016, 8:01 PM BST

Hungary wins the group which is madness (I'm very happy for them not only because I have Hungarian roots). Even madder: Portugal doesn't win a match yet reaches the 1/8 finals. :S I think they should change the system for the next Euro.

Italy won the 1982 World Cup after 3 draws in the group stage.

Nothing against Sweden but thank f**k we don't have to see that ugly, arrogant tosser Ibrahimovic any more in this tournament.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd June 2016, 11:23 PM BST

Italy won the 1982 World Cup after 3 draws in the group stage.

Yes, but at least they finished second in the group.
But this new system is ridiculous...now an underdog-team can lose two matches (and therefore confirm its underdog/loser status!) yet advance as third of the group to the ko-stage where it loses 6-0 to Germany, Spain or whoever.

Total Points After Third Games:

Croatia (Godot Taxis) 20
Spain (Gerry) 19
Hungary (Fopdoodle) 19
Iceland (Daniel Shakir) 19
Wales (Blue Nun/Will Cam) 19
Poland (Aaron) 15
Germany (Gordon Bennett) 15
France (Zooo) 15
Italy (Stylee) 14
England (Keewik) 14
Switzerland (Dan Sweryt) 14
Belgium (Chappers) 14
Slovakia (Anton) 13
Ireland (Mr Splodge) 13
Portugal (Ben) 13
Russia (Don Rushmore) 11
Rumania (Horseradish) 11
Northern Ireland (Bill Will) 7
Turkey (Shandonbelle) 7
Albania (Hercules and BCG Team) 7
Czech Republic (Alf Kipper) 6
Sweden (Lee) 6
Austria (George K) 6
Ukraine (Steve Sunshine) 0

Poor Steve. :(

Luckily he has won at a lot of other tournaments. :)

Had a hunch that Ireland might get past France, and we'll get an England vs Republic quarter-final.

Have Ireland scored too early though, and can they hang on?

(Obviously Iceland can't be written off either.)

Iceland leads
2-1....muahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th June 2016, 8:21 PM BST

Iceland leads
2-1....muahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc.

The British side is struggling.

Reminds me of the first two cod wars before we joined the EEC. :(

From brexit to a bruck up by a load of brarseholes...

Quote: paulted @ 27th June 2016, 8:32 PM BST

From brexit to a bruck up by a load of brarseholes...

Just have a feeling that politicians and banks are creating loads of bad news in this 90 minutes on the basis that no one will notice what is happening, Brrrr-England will win it and when people find out how terrible it is they will say "what the f**k, Brrrr-England won". But if it looks like Iceland will win after 66 minutes, the same brains are going to have to reverse all the very dark stuff they are doing. Yes. It will be a right old dogs dinner by midnight.