The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 632

Well done, English girls!

Quite a first 15 minutes...

Wussbags vs non wussbags in football:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CIxd36uWUAAaak4.mp4

(I'm sure there are also some men who aren't wussbags.)

If De Gea does join Real Madrid might I recommend Manchester United sign Walter Pengelbew as his replacement.

United have Schweinsteiger! He's knocking on a bit, but they should get a good couple of years out of him.

I think he may be their first German player too.

Quote: Ben @ 11th July 2015, 4:01 PM BST

United have Schweinsteiger! He's knocking on a bit, but they should get a good couple of years out of him.

I think he may be their first German player too.

I'm sure he'll be as effective as Michael Ballack - at least I hope so!

Quote: Ben @ 11th July 2015, 4:01 PM BST

Finally they have a Roy Keane replacement only much better, great to see Germany's best player of the last few years in the best league. A very good buy for Utd.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th July 2015, 11:34 PM BST

Well done, English girls!

Yes and they were brilliant, like Spitfires all over the Luftwaffe. Fully deserved the bronze. I think they should do that medal thing for the proper world cup.

Cabaye to Palace is quite the coup as well. Had to do a double take at that one.

Excellent bit of business for Liverpool if they get £49m for Sterling. Hope they spend it wisely.

I'm just glad he's not coming to Arsenal.

Quote: Ben @ 12th July 2015, 1:56 PM BST

Cabaye to Palace is quite the coup as well. Had to do a double take at that one.

I wonder if he'll play against my lot, Sutton United, on Tuesday. Usually though it's reserves and youngsters although Pardew will be there.

We've got a new 3G pitch which should be interesting. They were used in the Women's World Cup.

Quote: shaggy292 @ 12th July 2015, 7:31 PM BST

Excellent bit of business for Liverpool if they get £49m for Sterling. Hope they spend it wisely.

I'm just glad he's not coming to Arsenal.

It's a ridiculous price for an unproven youngster. I suppose Rooney was pretty damn expensive when he signed for Man Utd, but he had shown a bit more promise.

Oh and SCHNEIDERLIN!

Just need a striker and some centre halves now.

Ranieri at Leicester is intriguing. Neil Lennon would have been safer, more in the Mark Hughes mould.

I like Claudio, but not sure he's the right man at this point for a survival battle. Could see him at Everton, or Spurs, or possibly Swansea, or Southampton. He'll need to start well, or he'll be an early casualty.

Quote: Ben @ 13th July 2015, 8:00 PM BST

It's a ridiculous price for an unproven youngster. I suppose Rooney was pretty damn expensive when he signed for Man Utd, but he had shown a bit more promise.

Oh and SCHNEIDERLIN!

Just need a striker and some centre halves now.

And a goalkeeper? That's almost a whole team you'll have bought in about a year. Shows how great ferguson's legacy was. No wonder the c**t got out when he did.

Quote: Ben @ 13th July 2015, 8:00 PM BST

Watched Stirling when QPR played at Anfield a few months ago. Ran like a girl and was knocked off the ball far too easy. We get 9 million out of the sale so that's a bonus. I think he will knock Torres off the top of the worst transfer ever league.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 13th July 2015, 8:26 PM BST

Ranieri at Leicester is intriguing.

Oh I didn't realise he'd gone there. It definitely seems a strange combination, but so did Leicester and Cambiasso.