The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 631

Some scrappy passing but a really exciting game.

2-1 up at half time. Come on England.

2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1
That's not a chant it's just the scores

Was I the only one watching?

Great result. If we can grind out something similar in the semi against Japan will be great. It wasn't pretty! ;)

I just can't seem to get exited about women's football. I hope they do well though.

Let's be honest. Any half decent Conference side would beat them.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 28th June 2015, 9:29 PM BST

Including this mob from the TUC conference!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 28th June 2015, 9:29 PM BST

I've been watching the England "Ladies" for a few years now and they have shown some great skill. But last night they were really lucky. Just boot the bloody thing out of the penalty box ffs!

Quote: Chappers @ 28th June 2015, 3:32 PM BST

It wasn't pretty!

You sexist pig, it's not a miss world contest.

Well done England but I do think the coach's 66 and 90 club comment a bit cheeky. Obviously has a future in PR if his coaching hits the rails. I think we'll beat the Japs, England have the scare factor now that dark horses on a roll have. They'll feel invincible. England

Quote: Chappers @ 28th June 2015, 3:32 PM BST

Was I the only one watching?

Great result. If we can grind out something similar in the semi against Japan will be great. It wasn't pretty!

Just checking to see if you were all awake.

Come on England!

1-1 and 2 dodgy penalties.

That's a tough way to lose. :(

It was a bit of a bugger. But I've been watching football long enough to know that it can be really cruel.

Very tough, we were far more committed to win than Japan who did what teams like Italy do so well, sit back for penalties or a mistake from the worn out opponents on a well timed counter. Horrible foreign tactics we despise here. Their coach was an arrogant git too. Hope the Yanks win.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd July 2015, 10:07 AM BST

Very tough, we were far more committed to win than Japan who did what teams like Italy do so well, sit back for penalties or a mistake from the worn out opponents on a well timed counter. Horrible foreign tactics we despise here. Their coach was an arrogant git too. Hope the Yanks win.

Well they did in 1945.

Notts County Ladies manager is Rick Passmore. I wonder what his philosophy is.