The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 628

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd May 2015, 3:57 PM BST

So Chelsea have moved up to seventh position in the number of titles won.

That's only one place below the mighty Sunderland. Wave

Bloody hell! I didn't realise Sunderland had even won it once. Although a quick bit of research shows they last won it 80 years ago...

Still, it's not much of a surprise Chelsea won this season. They got off to such a flying start and have a great defence.

Quote: Ben @ 3rd May 2015, 7:58 PM BST

Bloody hell! I didn't realise Sunderland had even won it once. Although a quick bit of research shows they last won it 80 years ago...

Still, it's not much of a surprise Chelsea won this season. They got off to such a flying start and have a great defence.

Yes.

Plus Jose Mourinho did a lot for charidee instead of going to the World Cup.

So he had the angels on his side.

Get well soon Jimmy Greaves - one of the all-time greats.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th May 2015, 3:03 PM BST

Get well soon Jimmy Greaves - one of the all-time greats.

Seconded.

Thirded, and if he doesn't I hope he gets a hero's send off with MOTD showing millions what they missed. Has to be the least televised goal scoring genius ever. If Best hadn't come along just at the end of his career and eclipsed even him for style he would've been way more celebrated.

Yes, get well soon, Jimmy.

Bayern, fuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu!
Wave

Arsenal 0 Swansea 1.

Sufferin' succotash. >_<

Ah but they do play lovely football though.

Erm, Stoke 5 Liverpool 0 (half-time).

Meanwhile, back to the scintillating double bill of Hull 0 Man Utd 0, and Newcastle 0 West Ham 0.

You could've watched the Champions on Sky 1.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th May 2015, 6:35 PM BST

You could've watched the Champions on Sky 1.

I was hoping for a bit more drama in the relegation scrap, but it all seemed rather tame.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 24th May 2015, 7:02 PM BST

I was hoping for a bit more drama in the relegation scrap, but it all seemed rather tame.

Well obviously they're crap and they're opponents were obviously worse.

And now the transfer madness really kicks off...

The fair play rules do actually make it madder, which is more fun. Lots of young England players dreaming of 100k a week at City, Barkley, Berahino, Kane, Sterling, but he's dreaming of 200k a week.

Chelsea having to loan out all their Brazilians because no one will buy them now.

Arsenal with a few home grown players spare to entice the other top 4 clubs, Southampton with nervous fans and very happy accountants as their entire squad is chased.

Liverpool forced to do ridiculous swap deals to get rid of Balotelli, Borini and Markovich.

MU with the best hand to play by far of the top 4 with DeGea, DeMaria and VanPersie set to fill the transfer kitty.

And the price of half decent central midfielders quadruples as everyone but Chelsea desperately chase them.

Imo players like Huddlestone, Mason and Shelvey could fetch 20m each from City or Utd.