The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 625

What is all this crap about the Number 10 role? What exactly do they mean especially now everyone has a squad number?

I'm guessing they mean something like Maradona but Pele - the greatest player ever - was an out and out striker. John Toshack and Ian Hutchinson were physical centre forwards and then if you look at 2 Englishmen sharing the name Hurst, Geoff was a centre forward and John at Everton was a centre back. They all regularly wore the number 10 shirt.

They've just found a new topic to keep themselves in work and put their name to reinventing, that's journalism for you. And yes they forgot about the above lot. Or Bob Latchford, Roger Hunt, John Wark, Ray Kenedy all goal scoring 9s in the 10 shirt.

This would make that hyperactive midget Messi anything but a 10 even if does score goals. They're just following the Maradona example of a 10. That's not the old British 10 it's the Latino 10.

Is it 10 because that's the highest number a two handed footballer can count too ?
Or is it Messi's dress size , maybe ?

The only bit of the Man City vs Barca game I've seen is Messi nutmegging Milner.

Beautiful stuff.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th March 2015, 5:13 PM GMT

Chelsea season about to unravel?
Discuss.

No way!

Sure, Mourinho's playing his tetchy card at the moment, but the league's sewn up.

It's going to be very tough to displace them for the next few years.

Second goal by Mata was sublime.

Gerrard - Jesus Christ what was he thinking?

Could prove to be a very decisive game for the Champions League places.

F**king tosser Gerard. Why not hand them a Champions League place like the referees always used to do.

Gerrard's buggered up Liverpool's last two seasons now.

Will Cam has just booked his tickets to see the Super Hoops at Anfield on 2nd May :D :D :D :D

*although the Sky/BT fixtures are not out yet fir May so the match time/date may change Huh?

Quote: Will Cam @ 26th March 2015, 9:14 PM GMT

Will Cam has just booked his tickets to see the Super Hoops at Anfield on 2nd May :D :D :D :D

*although the Sky/BT fixtures are not out yet fir May so the match time/date may change Huh?

Celtic are playing there are they?

*shakes fist at Chappers

I'm so pleased that John Terry has another year's contract so that he is able to feed his children.

And I'm pleased the best English centre half since Bobby Moore is given at least another year to play. Great news for football fans and Chelsea if not for England.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th March 2015, 6:51 AM GMT

And I'm pleased the best English centre half since Bobby Moore is given at least another year to play. Great news for football fans and Chelsea if not for England.

I must have missed that Alfred. The papers are just full of that arsehole Terry.

Is this real ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32140214

Has anyone seen any footage of that Dybala youngster who plays for Palermo? I know those YouTube compilations are never a good indicator, but he looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0TihAuIpI

Rumoured to be coming to the Premier League.

Let's hope so.