The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 621

Can you tell me why Manchester United are not being investigated for Financial Fair Play? They've got massive debts!

FFP is about annual losses, not historic debts

Maybe?

Quote: Chappers @ 27th January 2015, 12:18 AM GMT

Can you tell me why Manchester United are not being investigated for Financial Fair Play? They've got massive debts!

I think their huge profits actually indicate they can handle their debts quite easily.

Haven't they halved the debt in the last few years?

Can someone explain why such a fuss is made about work permits for overseas players?

Take Paulista, for example: he plays in Spain which is part of the EU, so I assume he's been issued a work permit for playing in Spain. What reason would there be for him to be refused one in the UK?

Do different countries have different rules as regards who is eligible for one?

I can't actually think of any players who have been refused a work permit, but what's behind it all?

Quote: Ben @ 27th January 2015, 10:05 PM GMT

Can someone explain why such a fuss is made about work permits for overseas players?

Take Paulista, for example: he plays in Spain which is part of the EU, so I assume he's been issued a work permit for playing in Spain. What reason would there be for him to be refused one in the UK?

Do different countries have different rules as regards who is eligible for one?

Yes!

I thought you were a football fan. Oh no - sorry . You're a Manchester United fan!

Loads of countries have restrictions on foreign players.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th January 2015, 10:10 PM GMT

Yes!

I thought you were a football fan. Oh no - sorry . You're a Manchester United fan!

Loads of countries have restrictions on foreign players.

But other players get work permits no problem and there's never any mention in the press.

It depends if they've played 75% of their country's internationals. That's the problem. He's not an international.

Oh - and you can congratulate Chelsea if yu want.

Congratulations on getting knocked out of the FA Cup by my team! Now you don't have to play on the weekends before your CL games.

You're welcome! :)

Dan

I see Manure are up to their old tricks.

They're threatening their season ticket holders who won't buy a ticket for their Cambridge replay.

I almost (almost!) feel sorry for the poor loves.

Also that Ravel Morrison is believing the hype.

He's moving to Lazio but his shirt name just says "Ravel".

No shit Sherlock?
And here's me thinking that they want to play in the Champions League/Premiership/a higher level/test themselves . . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31570966

Quote: Oldrocker @ 22nd February 2015, 1:12 PM GMT

No shit Sherlock?
And here's me thinking that they want to play in the Champions League/Premiership/a higher level/test themselves . . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31570966

I think the Spanish/Portuguese/Brazilians mainly come here for the weather....

I thought Man Utd were going to drop out of the top 4 after yesterdays result, but they're still hanging in there.

They badly need some pace in the team though. Di Maria is the only one with pace and a bit of flair, but he's being played too deep.

The build up play to Herrera's goal looked promising though. If they can play more like that then they should do ok.

Driving to Asda and the pub tonight, according to all the 'pundits' on R5 and talkSPORT, all Arsenal had to do tonight was turn up.

Yeah, right.

I don't think they did turn up - that was the trouble.

They're bound to win 2-0 away and just go out on away goals