The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 620

Angelic

Unbelievable!

Still, at least a replay at Old Trafford means I can probably get a ticket.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd January 2015, 10:41 PM GMT

Unbelievable!

Still, at least a replay at Old Trafford means I can probably get a ticket.

Typical glory hunter. Think they might possibly win up there.

Ha ha. I love the underdog!

Currently considering imitating a different football manager according to each day of the week. I thought I might be Wenger at the barbers and feel that our dear NHS is increasingly going to need the Mourinho to be expressed in me. Not sure I will do a Van Ghoul in the near future, though, unless I want my flesh to creep.

Glad to see that Man Utd will be going into the draw for the next round.

Quote: Ben @ 24th January 2015, 7:08 PM GMT

Glad to see that Man Utd will be going into the draw for the next round.

I try not to be too critical of Man Utd as you are a fan of theirs but if I were a Man Utd supporter I would be disgruntled with the manager currently. I really don't see how someone can be regarded as great when he spends what he has spent and still can't get it right. He also comes across as very weird to me. I fully accept Wenger is not exactly doing wonders either, much as I have liked him during the years of his "reign".

Ben is getting at the fact that other better teams have been knocked out. The thing is is LVG doing any better than Agent Moyes?

Quote: Chappers @ 24th January 2015, 7:23 PM GMT

Ben is getting at the fact that other better teams have been knocked out. The thing is is LVG doing any better than Agent Moyes?

I would say no as their better position in the league is countered by the differences in the money the two of them have spent. I'm not a huge fan of Moyes but he is reasonably straightforward whereas if Van Gaal was English I think most people would be regarding him as not only average but rather slimy. Presently, it's the language barrier which is concealing the latter bit, ie "it is just his way with English" but I'm far from sure. On being in the draw, I see Man City fielded a proper team but naturally were hopeless being without YYT. Chelsea played to lose so that they can focus on the competitions that will help JM to keep his job. Clever!

Quote: Chappers @ 24th January 2015, 7:23 PM GMT

Moyes has long gone and I don't see what point you're trying to make. LVG has more points in the league and has got further in the FA Cup than Moyes did this time last season.

I think Chappers may be biting at the fact that Chelsea are out of the cup.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Ben @ 24th January 2015, 7:40 PM GMT

Moyes has long gone and I don't see what point you're trying to make. LVG has more points in the league and has got further in the FA Cup than Moyes did this time last season.

What I'm saying is they got rid of Moyes whose points totals were similar to LVG's so will they sack him too?

Quote: Chappers @ 24th January 2015, 9:00 PM GMT

What I'm saying is they got rid of Moyes whose points totals were similar to LVG's so will they sack him too?

Have to see what happens come May, but I think he's more capable of signing world class stars than anyone else available. I mean who else is there with the pedigree to step in who isn't already working? Neil Warnock?!

Just seen the Chelsea defeat, complacent or what? But the class of Bradford's attacking play was astonishing :O goals worthy of the CL never mind Prem. So what are they doing in league 1? Huh?

Normally, we aren't playing anything like that when losing to Yeovil and/or conceding a last-minute winner at home to Rochdale.

I imagine Jose examined our last two games and thought 'that shouldn't be a problem' whereas Phil Parkinson watched the last couple of Chelsea games and told his players to 'play like that!'.

Probably the best performance I've ever seen from a Bradford City team.

Dan

Is anything going to happen in this transfer window?!

A lot of people dislike the winter window, but I think it's a good chance to remedy any injury issues.