The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 354

Quote: Badge @ May 8 2012, 8:49 PM BST

Had a free bet to use up and fancied Chelsea for tonight's game. I think they will be too strong for the reds and they still have a top 4 place to play for.

:(

You never hear the money going in a fruit machine . . .

This is the second leg of the Cup final, isn't it?

:D

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 8 2012, 9:37 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 8 2012, 9:37 PM BST

No - it's the one that doesn't really count.

Carroll at last looking like a good old fashioned British centre forward, maybe never 35m worth there, but if he can play like that for England at the Euros he'll be a handful for opponents, just hope the refs don't over protect the pampered defences like they did when Crouch played. Hard to see a case for Defoe now tho, not even sure about Sturridge now but I think he'll go for his pace. Wellbeck I imagine is already picked.

I see Pat Rice is leaving Arsenal after 48 years as an apprentice, player and coach.

I think what I find disturbing about such stories is remembering him as a player and it doesn't seem that long ago - he's 63!

I recall Alan Ball playing for Southampton. He retired and went in coaching and became a manager. He retired again. In his case he's not only retired but has been dead several years.

Gulp...

Quote: Tuumble @ May 10 2012, 1:19 PM BST

I see Pat Rice is leaving Arsenal after 48 years as an apprentice, player and coach.

Not too worried, he's being replaced by his brother - Pat Noodle!

High five?! Anyone? No? Sods ya then.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 10 2012, 5:59 PM BST

Not too worried, he's being replaced by his brother - Pat Noodle!

High five?! Anyone? No? Sods ya then.

>_< :)

This is sad news. What a legend (there is no good way to shorten that in writing- ledge? leg? lege?). But a new Steve Bould era, exciting!

Quote: AJGO @ May 10 2012, 6:06 PM BST

But a new Steve Bould era, exciting!

He's got no hair, but we don't care...Stevey, Stevey Bould!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 10 2012, 6:11 PM BST

He's got no hair, but we don't care...Stevey, Stevey Bould!

What were the chants for Andy Linighan?

Quote: Badge @ May 8 2012, 12:53 AM BST

Did it start WW3, though it's been covered up?

No. Unless of course, that's a thinly-veiled reference to Molech, the ancient Babylonian Owl God mascot of the New World Order that's on the $1 bill.

Hey, by the way, while I'm on the subject, check out this 1998 clip of Prince, telling his audience at a show in Holland, about the planned 9/11 attacks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=nzk1xNLus4o&NR=1

Quote: AJGO @ May 10 2012, 6:06 PM BST

>_< :)

This is sad news. What a legend (there is no good way to shorten that in writing- ledge? leg? lege?). But a new Steve Bould era, exciting!

"Ledge" is the standard. (pronounced like "hedge" with an "L" instead of "H")

Quote: catskillz @ May 10 2012, 9:11 PM BST

No. Unless of course, that's a thinly-veiled reference to Molech, the ancient Babylonian Owl God mascott of the New World Order that's on the $1 bill.

:D Hug

Quote: Tuumble @ May 10 2012, 1:19 PM BST

I think what I find disturbing about such stories is remembering him as a player and it doesn't seem that long ago - he's 63!

I think all managers and coaches should compulsorily retire at 60.