The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 348

Yeah, not everyone would give QPR a chance.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this one was photoshopped, though. http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/06/01/gallery5.jpg

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 29 2012, 10:30 PM BST

Yeah, not everyone would give QPR a chance.

Ooh, a bit of football satire.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 29 2012, 8:56 PM BST

Hodgson approached for The England Managers job
We could do a lot worse.

Is this just a reaction and the FA are saying the media aren't going to choose the manager

Quote: bigfella @ April 29 2012, 11:01 PM BST

Is this just a reaction and the FA are saying the media aren't going to choose the manager

In a way it looks like the opposite. - they are choosing their second, third, whatever choice because the papers want them to do something.

Seriously, if Hodgson was ever first choice, why wait til now? The excuse of interfering with West Brom's season doesn't work. The only logical conclusion is he's not the man they want but he is the man they can get.

Why not though.
Although it's an honour, it's a horrible job & why not choose someone who's English & has experience of International management.
Might be the best choice they've made in a while.

Unlike some Liverpool fans I have no objection to Woy as manager. What I'm objecting to is how they have exposed their process as a make-it-up-as-we-go-along shambles, in which the only man they have approached (which should mean first choice) is not first choice at all, but most available without upsetting other clubs.

The Udinese Lazio bitchfight was hilarious. And now four teams competing for CL place. Is there any penalty for whoever blew that whistle? They must know who it was since it looked like there were only about ten people in the crowd.
Hate seeing empty stadiums while games are on, creepy.

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2012, 10:20 PM BST

Who was the black footballer I just saw with a blonde beard? That is one special look...
(I think he was playing for QPR.)

Ooh, 'ello! Don't usually see you in this neck of the woods. Who made you watch football? Sorry haven't yet learnt how to post pics, but have a Google for Cisse's torso tattoos

Quote: AJGO @ April 30 2012, 12:15 AM BST

Hate seeing empty stadiums while games are on, creepy.

Come on
No Leyton Orient Jokes on my watch!

Quote: Badge @ April 29 2012, 11:29 PM BST

Unlike some Liverpool fans I have no objection to Woy as manager. What I'm objecting to is how they have exposed their process as a make-it-up-as-we-go-along shambles, in which the only man they have approached (which should mean first choice) is not first choice at all, but most available without upsetting other clubs.

They're just inspired by the way Wolves went about their managerial appointment . . .

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 30 2012, 12:17 AM BST

Come on
No Leyton Orient Jokes on my watch!

Ha, aw, I wouldn't, they were my equal local team when I was in East London

Quote: Badge @ April 29 2012, 10:25 PM BST

That's the Brazilian, Ludicrous.

(Actually it's Cisse - and he looks... err... distinctive)

Doesn't one think that this sort of thing is just a result of an overpaid small intellect that can't work out what to do do with the fortunes they are paid?

Beckham is a prime example.

Mimicked, on a lesser note, by the personalised number-plate fraternity.

:D

Love the fact Hodgson is going to be England manager. This summer is going to be a lot of fun.

The appointment of Hodgson just makes me think of Graham Taylor in a way - nice bloke but not someone you feel would be respected by players at that level. True, he has had international experience (taking Switzerland to USA94 which was more than Taylor ever did) but it just underlines the dearth of quality candidates.

You can understand foreign managers in the Prem but when Uwe Rosler gets the job at Brentford you know we're in trouble. Di Matteo was at MKDons and DiCanio is at Swindon but it just seems that there are fewer and fewer opportunities for a young English manager to prove himself.

Why does the prospect of Hodgson at the helm at the World Cup in Brazil make me think of Mike Bassett: England Manager? Old school meets the beautiful game and we will be embarrassed...not that Harry in the job would've changed that picture...

Quote: Tuumble @ April 30 2012, 10:47 AM BST

The appointment of Hodgson just makes me think of Graham Taylor in a way - nice bloke but not someone you feel would be respected by players at that level. True, he has had international experience (taking Switzerland to USA94 which was more than Taylor ever did) but it just underlines the dearth of quality candidates.

You can understand foreign managers in the Prem but when Uwe Rosler gets the job at Brentford you know we're in trouble. Di Matteo was at MKDons and DiCanio is at Swindon but it just seems that there are fewer and fewer opportunities for a young English manager to prove himself.

Why does the prospect of Hodgson at the helm at the World Cup in Brazil make me think of Mike Bassett: England Manager? Old school meets the beautiful game and we will be embarrassed...not that Harry in the job would've changed that picture...

It is very akin to Taylor, McClaren or even Keegan. I think Hodgson is a poorer manager than any of those three though. And where those three had a certain humility (Taylor always defended his players, Keegan had the grace to admit he wasn't good enough), when this goes tits up (and it will) Hodgson will blame everybody but himself. He will point the finger of blame at his own players in public, and when the fans and the media turn on him like a pack of wolves, it will become the fans fault for not supporting the team, it will be the newspapers fault for adding pressure to the situation. It will be everybody else's fault, but his. When his tactics (or lack of them) are called into question, he will be outraged at the audacity of the press to question his amazing talents, and 37 years experience as one of the most respected managers in the world. His brilliant tactics that translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax. He will bang on about what a brilliant manager he is, while the world burns around him.

I think we're forgetting the obvious candidate - the triumpahnt return of Glenn Hoddle

Not only does he have God on his side and a supernatural sorceress that can heal people, but according to Wikipedophile - 'Hoddle's 60% win rate during his spell as manager is only bettered by Sir Alf Ramsey and Fabio Capello'.

Anyone who says different is a sinful Flid who will burn in hell forever because they were murderers and rapists in a former life.