The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 3

Maybe we can all declare our allegiances here.
I'll start. I've been a lifelong supporter of Brentford F.C.
Come on you Bees!

Hey DaButt, what do people in America think about the fact that Baseball was actually invented here in England?

Quote: JohnnyD @ July 15 2009, 6:02 PM BST

Maybe we can declare our allegiances here.
Come on you Bees!

Mine are there, in my sig.

Quote: Chappers @ July 15 2009, 5:53 PM BST

Not in a gay way I hope.

Ha, no.

Quote: catskillz @ July 15 2009, 6:04 PM BST

Hey DaButt, what do people in America think about the fact that Baseball was actually invented here in England?

Most of them don't actually know where or what England is, sadly.

I noticed Dave said in the John Terry thread that he is delighted at the possibility of Peter Kenyon leaving Chelsea. I'm glad me and Dave can agree about something football wise. The man is an absolute twat, he was at Man United aswell. I'll give you an example. In the 1970's Brian Clough was asked 'Where do you think you rank in the world as a football manager?' He replied 'I'd say I was in the top one' Everyone laughed at this mocking self-indulgent comment and helped expand Clough's already wonderful legendery status.
A few years ago, Peter Kenyon was asked something on the lines of 'Where do you think Chelsea rank as a football team' He replied 'I'd say we were in the top one' I, just like many football fans just felt the urge to shout 'F**k off you bald wanker!!!'

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 15 2009, 5:28 PM BST

He's a tosser. Tosses those balls everywhere.

Not as big a tosser as Shane Warne I'll think you'll find.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 15 2009, 7:17 PM BST

I noticed Dave said in the John Terry thread that he is delighted at the possibility of Peter Kenyon leaving Chelsea. I'm glad me and Dave can agree about something football wise. The man is an absolute twat, he was at Man United aswell. I'll give you an example. In the 1970's Brian Clough was asked 'Where do you think you rank in the world as a football manager?' He replied 'I'd say I was in the top one' Everyone laughed at this mocking self-indulgent comment and helped expand Clough's already wonderful legendery status.
A few years ago, Peter Kenyon was asked something on the lines of 'Where do you think Chelsea rank as a football team' He replied 'I'd say we were in the top one' I, just like many football fans just felt the urge to shout 'F**k off you bald wanker!!!'

Kenyon will be off to Man City before Terry when they wave a large aomunt of money in his face. Mark my words.

BTW Chappers - 2005. Which considering some teams never win anything, ever isn't bad. We've also qualified for the Champions League for 10 consecutive seasons.

Like every Gooner, I'd like there to be more English players in the squad. Unlike every other football team however, we are actually owned by English people. How ironic.

I doubt they care whatsoever. Certainly no more than an Englishman would care that their football was invented by a shepherd kicking around an inflated sheep's bladder 2000 years ago in Tunisia.

When I was looking at the now defunct John Terry to Man City thread It got me wondering.
How big a club are Man City compared to Chelsea in terms of trophies won?
When I checked it seems that Chelsea have overtaken them in recent years with 3 league championships as opposed to 2.
Which puts Chelsea level with Blackburn rovers & Wolves in league wins although Chelsea haven't won the FA cup as many times.

What would the premier league table look like judged on overall success?
I'm sure Burnley have won the league a couple of times.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ July 15 2009, 9:14 PM BST

When I was looking at the now defunct John Terry to Man City thread It got me wondering.
How big a club are Man City compared to Chelsea in terms of trophies won?
When I checked it seems that Chelsea have overtaken them in recent years with 3 league championships as opposed to 2.
Which puts Chelsea level with Blackburn rovers & Wolves in league wins although Chelsea haven't won the FA cup as many times.

What would the premier league table look like judged on overall success?
I'm sure Burnley have won the league a couple of times.

You're boring everyone Sunshine!
Red Card

(Walks off & throws his shirt at the gaffer.)

Do you mean Rounders?

Quote: Yellows 586 @ July 15 2009, 7:40 PM BST

Not as big a tosser as Shane Warne I'll think you'll find.

Kenyon will be off to Man City before Terry when they wave a large aomunt of money in his face. Mark my words.

Stupidly I hadn't considered that, But it makes sense.

Why though can't we have it like the old days when a manager managed a club from top to bottom - not coaches like those foreign teams.

Come on you Bees!

My Dad used to be Brentford's official photographer. :D

Come on you Bees!

Are you going to the friendly at Sutton United?

I'll be the mouthy old git shouting at the officials.

Quote: PhQnix @ July 15 2009, 10:28 PM BST

My Dad used to be Brentford's official photographer. :D

Hard work. All those shots of the team and the latest trophy.

Quote: Chappers @ July 15 2009, 10:37 PM BST

Are you going to the friendly at Sutton United? I'll be the mouthy old git shouting at the officials.

No. My days of going to pre-season friendlies are long gone.

Quote: JohnnyD @ July 15 2009, 10:43 PM BST

Hard work. All those shots of the team and the latest trophy.

Used to be. Not any more, they switched to contractors. :(