Absent friends Page 112

Quote: zooo @ 17th April 2014, 7:32 PM BST

As everyone keeps saying, you seem to surround yourself with some right twats.

I concur. Most of the women I know are erudite, articulate, confident and funny.

You need some new friends.

I think the only time I run into difficulty with some male friends is when I want to discuss emotions/people. Sometimes pure speculation about things is fun , whereas a lot of my male friends just shrug and say "I wouldn't know, they've not said anything to me."

Quote: zooo @ 17th April 2014, 7:39 PM BST

Surely a twat is better than a dick.

Team America sums up the differences here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32iCWzpDpKs

You said it sister :P

Zooo who's worse Benedict Cumberbatch or David Tenant

Really I thought they were arseholes

Quote: Jennie @ 17th April 2014, 7:42 PM BST

I concur. Most of the women I know are erudite, articulate, confident and funny.

You need some new friends.

I think the only time I run into difficulty with some male friends is when I want to discuss emotions/people. Sometimes pure speculation about things is fun , whereas a lot of my male friends just shrug and say "I wouldn't know, they've not said anything to me."

It's that kind of rather generalised description of human experience to express your views.

That makes me think you and RCP have so much in common, kinda like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caXkHq3Q0N8&feature=kp

It's always so tricky getting a description of women from another woman. From the classic blind date description 'she's really pretty' (she ain't) to the hateful assessment 'she's such a bitch' (she's pretty) to the 'my friend is really shy' (nope just rude). It's a classic case of wood for the trees.

Articulate could be code for never shuts up for all I know. But I'll take your word for it that they are good eggs.

I can understand RCP being as you are so very, really, truly, pretty.
And also so shy.

Strange. I've never thought anyone as erudite, with the exception of Oscar Wilde or Stephen Fry. And only precocious children seem to be called articulate. What is articulation anyway? Knowing how to express an opinion?

I undestand Hugh Laurie is not only articulate, he's an articulated Laurie

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th April 2014, 8:06 PM BST

And only precocious children seem to be called articulate.

No.

Also, did everyone slip out of Things that Piss You Off and land here?

Stott have I forgotten to mention, it's nice to see you being part of the cut and thrust of forum life.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th April 2014, 8:06 PM BST

Strange. I've never thought anyone as erudite, with the exception of Oscar Wilde or Stephen Fry. And only precocious children seem to be called articulate. What is articulation anyway? Knowing how to express an opinion?

Well, I define "erudite" as knowledgeable and interesting. Something to say beyond a comment on the weather, how much they like your handbag and whether Charlotte has dumped Steve yet.

Being articulate is about expressing an opinion with style. In my world anyway. Others may see it differently.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 17th April 2014, 8:13 PM BST

No.

Also, did everyone slip out of Things that Piss You Off and land here?

Good point, we are a smidge off topic.

Harridan. I miss Harridan and Nat and I did miss Tursiops, but he came back. Albeit briefly.

That's the thing about never going you're never missed.

Quote: sootyj @ 17th April 2014, 8:21 PM BST

That's the thing about never going you're never missed.

I went for 9 months and no one batted an eyelid.

Tell that to the Ben wall, it's 3 times the size of the one in NY after 9/11

Quote: sootyj @ 17th April 2014, 7:54 PM BST

It's that kind of rather generalised description of human experience to express your views.

That makes me think you and RCP have so much in common, kinda like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caXkHq3Q0N8&feature=kp

We'll, I tried to make it specific to my own experience rather than generalising to the world at large. I speak as I find.

I used to love Space.