The Weather Page 176

Quote: zooo @ 2nd February 2016, 12:22 AM GMT

(Scariest scene ever, by the way.)

The Wizard of Oz used to be shown once a year back in the 60s and 70s before the era of VCRs and cable TV, so it was sort of a big deal. This scene made me hide behind the couch when I was young:

Oh god, yes.
I still have nightmares about that film!

Quote: zooo @ 2nd February 2016, 1:28 AM GMT

Oh god, yes.
I still have nightmares about that film!

Flying monkeys!

I once had a tussle with a monkey in KL he grabbed a bag of nuts I had bought to feed the damn things so I grabbed it back, he was quite shocked and I stood there telling him off. A man said "i bet you are a mum of boys". Anyway still a bit windy TC Stan was downgraded and is now a gentle breeze somewhere neat Alice Springs.

Strumpet

Yesterday I heard a plane come over very low. It's engines were surging and when I looked out of the window it was being thrown about by the strong winds.
It's wings were tilting up and down and I could see it was virtually going sidewards.
Later on the local TV news they showed it landing at Leeds airport.
I hope the pilot brought spare underwear. http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2016-02-01/planes-struggle-to-land-as-storm-henry-batters-yorkshire/

It was the second one I saw

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd February 2016, 1:48 AM GMT

Flying monkeys!

Meep.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd February 2016, 7:30 AM GMT

Yesterday I heard a plane come over very low. It's engines were surging and when I looked out of the window it was being thrown about by the strong winds.
It's wings were tilting up and down and I could see it was virtually going sidewards.
Later on the local TV news they showed it landing at Leeds airport.
I hope the pilot brought spare underwear. http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2016-02-01/planes-struggle-to-land-as-storm-henry-batters-yorkshire/

Also meep.

Wasn't even breezy down here.
Bugger off, wind.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd February 2016, 11:22 AM GMT

Meep.

Also meep.

Wasn't even breezy down here.
Bugger off, wind.

Send some of it my way. It's 26c at 10pm but feels worse because it's do humid. Need some wind or some rain to cool things down a bit.

93F/34C at the moment. I guess spring has sprung.

BLOODY SNOW!

Quote: keewik @ 27th April 2016, 6:29 PM BST

BLOODY SNOW!

I saw some snowflakes here as well.

We had some snow yesterday and today 15 miles south of London.

We had some large hail yesterday, but it was nothing compared to the hailstorm 2 weeks ago that caused $1.5 billion in damages. My neighbor had her car at the BMW dealership for service and it sustained severe damage.

Nice and warm today -- excellent pool weather.

No more hail! This is getting ridiculous.

Supposed to be hitting 19C on Friday, so it's quite likely I'll be wearing a t-shirt.

Maybe a haircut so you don't feel too hot? Laughing out loud