The Weather Page 164

It is now 10.43pm - the temp has dropped slightly. Technically it is 27c now but according to the weather site it feels like 33c. So no real change then. Guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight

And I will be snuggled up in my duvet listening the rain on the window, all warm and nice. :)

It's not raining here, but according to last night's episode of TOTP2 which I recorded and watched this morning, It's Raining Men - Hallelujah! Oh dear, I'd better dig out my titanium umbrella....

It's hissing it down here, and I have a little JR that wants to go out no matter what. :(

Got soaked.....well not me but the dog - once she realised how bad it was she wanted to come back, but........I'm out there now all kitted up and that was that.

One good thing, it will keep the firework wankers down. :D

I heard a rumour that an icy winter is on it's way. Should I get a new car battery? Mine is about 4 years old now and a has a 'good' charge, but my last one was killed by the horrendous 2010 winter.

Quote: Ben @ 16th November 2014, 8:49 PM GMT

I heard a rumour that an icy winter is on it's way. Should I get a new car battery? Mine is about 4 years old now and a has a 'good' charge, but my last one was killed by the horrendous 2010 winter.

Good battery is vital over the winter of course, and although a battery 4 years old is "getting on a bit", if it is holding a good charge then fair enough; but at the slightest sign of weakness get a new one.

How on earth did your battery get "killed" by the winter of 2010?

Quote: Ben @ 16th November 2014, 8:49 PM GMT

I heard a rumour that an icy winter is on it's way.

Where did you hear that from? Unless it was from the Met Office (which it won't have been) it's not to be believed. It's a topic that gets me more annoyed than it should! Errr

Probably from the Daily Express. Its headline usually contain dire warnings about the weather.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 17th November 2014, 12:37 AM GMT

Probably from the Daily Express. Its headline usually contain dire warnings about the weather.

Yes, that's the problem. The Express gets its weather info from a non-reputable source, prints rubbish on the front pages about floods/blizzards/heat waves, and then the general public blame the Met Office for the rubbish forecasts.

It's possible to predict roughly what the weather will be like up to a fortnight ahead, but after that it's pretty much guesswork.

It's pissing it down again here in EA. >_<

It is still raining - it has been raining all day.

It's been a lovely sunny day here.

It's just stopped - make the most of it as I think it is heading your way. :D

Winter is shit.