Delocated + Xavier Renegade Angel

Does anyone else watch these gems? One is animated, the other live action and both manage to run for 11 mins whilst cramming 30 minutes of jokes in.

Often after an episode of Xavier has finished I have to sit back blinking at the screen trying to take it all in.

Highly recommended.

What are they? Are they Adult Swim shows?

Yes I think they are on Adult Swim although to be honest I get them from the net.

Jon Glaser is responsible for Delocated - a live action reality TV spoof about a family on the Witness Protection Program who move to New York and take part in a reality show. And that description does it no justice. It really is wonderfully all over the place.

Xavier Renegade Angel is from the creators of Wonder Showzen and ... defies description. It's surreal and at the same time a parody of surreal humour, childish, lyrical, witty satirical and gross. I will roam YouTube for clips.

Quote: thefridaylink @ April 1 2009, 9:36 AM BST

Yes I think they are on Adult Swim although to be honest I get them from the net.

Jon Glaser is responsible for Delocated - a live action reality TV spoof about a family on the Witness Protection Program who move to New York and take part in a reality show. And that description does it no justice. It really is wonderfully all over the place.

Oh, I remember reading about that show now and wanting to watch it; thanks for the reminder.

Both shows are short, snappy and full of more invention and jokes in their meagre running times than most recent British comedy shows can manage in 3 hours.

Xavier in particular makes my head spin, can't watch too many of them at once.

Pretty much all of Delocated is currently on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1caeTLRRwg

I've watched most of Delocated and it starts out really good, but then it gets kinda snoozy halfway through season 3.

I preferred the short 12 minute format from the first series to the 22 minute format from series 2 and 3.