Current radio comedy Page 130

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 10th April 2015, 2:08 PM BST

I was always taught that if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all, so if we're talking about all the current comedy shows on Radio 4 in the 6.30pm and 11pm slots, I'll say "Ed Reardon's Week" is quite good...

Agreed, this is good comedy and very different to the panel shows that r4 keep on slapping on the schedule.
Anyone listened to kevin eldon's thing late night on 4 also? Been debating wether I should record it or not for a while.
I found the 'return' of Dead Ringers kind of promising but I soon realised they were doing the classic thing of re using and re using gags, and even the Christmas special seemed like a copy and paste of the previous series in some ways. Lewis Macloed Is Not Himself was ok but seemed to suffer from much the same writing issues. I think the writers may have written for both shows though so I suppose I shouldn't find that surprising.

Like Tom Wrigglesworth and Ed Reardon. The return of Dead Ringers was reasonable although it suffered from being scheduled in the same hour as the hilarious Grant Shapps on Any Questions.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 12th April 2015, 4:24 PM BST

The return of Dead Ringers was reasonable although it suffered from being scheduled in the same hour as the hilarious Grant Shapps on Any Questions.

Yes, that's a very good description of how it was. It wasn't bad as such, in fact I'm rather fond of the program, and a few sketches really got me in stictches - the Micheal Portillo ones and the Andy Murray ice bucket challenge are two such ones that spring to mind. But in places it just was the same thing again and again in some ways..the downton ones were great but the scripting of them rarely seemed to change much for instance, apart from the plotline within the sketch.

Lemn Sissay. Occasionally interesting, not remotely funny, irritating narcissist.

Putrid Will Self's hag of a wife was on Sue Perkins' Dilemma: Deborah Orr, the woman who rubbished the death of a man fighting ISIS - it's just the same as fighting for 7th century tyranny, apparently. What a rib tickler she was given the right hypothetical feedline. Not really, you'd get more laughs fighting in Syria.

There's a rare break from Bighead Brigstock currently, although that's not going to last.

At least Ed Reardon's back May 13th.

Radio 4 Extra overtakes 6 Music with record listeners:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32816012

Keep Radio 4 Extra free to every British citizen.

The campaign must start immediately.

Where do I sign ?
There were dark days in the not so distant past with the loss of Radio7 and the introduction of that awful Ambridge mob.

Hello everybody! if you can send me please any amount to my webmoney purse Z120878788189 I need money for my scientific activity

Regards,
Roman

Will Denarius be OK?

I enjoyed this week's "It's Not What You Know", and thought Miles Jupp was funnier than he's ever been. I also liked the surreal mini-monologues, it's nice to hear something a bit less obvious. Seann Walsh's laugh was also hilarious.

Congrats to Miles and James.

Miles Jupp is a talent. He's only now getting the opportunities.

G'day!

I'm broadcasting a comedy radio show, Close To Home, on Radio Verulam this Wednesday 8-10pm. You can listen to it live online here: http://www.radioverulam.com/

Also, if you want to hear the one I did last week it's available here: https://soundcloud.com/jambodann/radio-show-1572015

Thanks! :D

Miles Jupp to host The News Quiz. Good choice. He has mastered poison-laced whimsy.

Hi People who loves Christmas?

if you love the season to be jolly and your up for a right giggle in the pub, check out Cheeky Tease.

The website goes live September 1st

You can follow us on Twitter @Cheeky_Tease

Facebook Cheeky Tease

Laughing out loud

Hancock, Series 5, Episode 1 of 20.

Edgy in view of the history - but very good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007x041

(Radio 4 Extra)

Quote: italophile @ 15th August 2015, 7:00 AM BST

Miles Jupp to host The News Quiz. Good choice. He has mastered poison-laced whimsy.

I like him too, I cannot believe that he was once Archie in 'Balamory', but luckily my son's far too old for CBeebies now.