Current radio comedy Page 102

Thanks for the reply Claire, I wasn't sure if I was just having a grumpy day yesterday.

:)

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 14 2012, 9:26 AM BST

Thanks for the reply Claire, I wasn't sure if I was just having a grumpy day yesterday.

:)

That's ok.

I will make judgement to comedy that I find boring but I don't think it will be anytime in the distant future. ;)

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ July 14 2012, 6:25 AM BST

but there was one I didn't like Living the Dream which I posted about a few weeks ago.

Aw, and I know the person who wrote that a bit, too! :( :D

First ep of 'Alice's Wunderland', the new show from Alice Lowe, was great, and really took advantage of the medium to create a soundscape.

I don't listen to as much radio stuff as I'd like as I have the attention span of a child and if there's nothing to look at I find myself getting distracted. I prefer to listen to audio comedy on the move; so why don't the BBC make each episode available, for a week, to download as a podcast for a small fee; say 50p? Even if just to please me and my brain problems.

Yeah, when I listen to the radio I start messing about on the internet to give my eyes something to do, and then I realise I haven't been listening to a word for the last 10 minutes.

I can only listen to the radio properly in the car or in the shower.

It's all that fast paced MTV we watch these days. Ruined us.

They do put a comedy podcast of the week up but it's pot luck. Sometimes you get something brilliant i.e. Cabin Pressure and sometimes you get Nick Mohammed.

It was a brilliant treat listening to the radio show that started it all for Little Britain on Radio 4 extra. Next week it's On the Town with The League of Gentlemen, so really looking forward to that.

Also Old Harry's Game Olympic Special is the Comedy of the Week podcast.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 14 2012, 6:32 PM BST

I don't listen to as much radio stuff as I'd like as I have the attention span of a child and if there's nothing to look at I find myself getting distracted. I prefer to listen to audio comedy on the move; so why don't the BBC make each episode available, for a week, to download as a podcast for a small fee; say 50p? Even if just to please me and my brain problems.

You could set you computer to record it with the right software, convert it into an MP3 and listen to that, although of course it's a bit of a hassle. Tapes and timers used to be good for those sorts of things.

If you have an iPhone/iPod there's a brilliant app called Tune in radio

You can listen to stuff on radio 4 extra or whatever and if you like you can also record the shows and save them all on the app to listen to later - offline

I've got shedloads of shows all saved up on it

Old Harry's Game may not be offering anything new, but I've thoroughly enjoyed these last two specials. Best thing in the 6:30 slot for quite a while.

Yup. Got to agree with Chip. Probably the best thing on R4 at present. Nice Bojo joke.

:D Just listened to R4 a new comedy 'Alice in Wunderland' by Alice Lowe, very funny and naughty, laughed out loud!

Yes, in the car for me too. I've got a digital radio and Sky digital at home and hardly ever listen while captive.

Just after I walk my dogs however I'm usually driving them home from the woods around 6:30pm for the Radio 4 comedy slot. Bingo.

Have recently enjoyed My Teenage Diary hosted by Rufus Hound (esp the Robert Webb opener) and the panel show with Charlie Brooker about the "worst" things (name escapes me although I'm guessing it has Worse in the title).

Tried Old Harry's Game last night but didnt really find it that chucklesome.

The Now Show tonight looks like it might be up my street.