Cheers Page 4

Awesome :)

Yeah. Except series one is dulllllllllllll

Quote: lofthouse @ October 26 2012, 8:29 PM BST

Yeah. Except series one is dulllllllllllll

:O

One of tonight's was the toga party !

I'm reminded of one of my favourite comedy quotes of all time.

Sam asked Rebecca if she ever pictured him naked. . . . . .

'Yes. On a slab with a label on your big toe.'

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this...

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest one sat the back that are killed first

This natural s election is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells.

But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Says Cliffie !

I've only just realised that the brilliant Cheers is on ITV4 most nights. Really annoyed to have missed it up till now. It looks as if it might have been on sporadically since June. Has anyone been following this run?

I think it's been on there for quite a while, hasn't it? I saw a few episodes a while back, but not tuned in recently.

Yes I've had it on a fair bit when I get in as background. I think they must be mixing up the series order because it went from Shelley Duval to Kirsty Alley and now back to Shelley Duvall and Woody And Frasier were in it and now they're not again. :S

Now it's back to the early set up I think it's much better, it's more Danson and Duval and their rocky relationship. They are both top actors and the scripts are much better than I thought they were. A great one on the other night where she totally loses it in a jealous paranoia fit. Good stuff, well done to my favourite channel once again. :)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 12th November 2012, 1:13 AM GMT

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this...

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest one sat the back that are killed first

This natural s election is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells.

But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Says Cliffie !

Laughing out loud

Thanks for the clarification Ben and AJK.

I will certainly be watching it whenever I remember.

I'm sure I remember them saying that they were rerunning the whole lot in the correct order. Seems they're not.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 3rd November 2013, 4:13 PM GMT

I'm sure I remember them saying that they were rerunning the whole lot in the correct order. Seems they're not.

The first would make sense.

Maybe Aaron can explain what's happening?

For info, it's not being broadcast every day this week but it is on most days.

I can't confirm that they won't have skipped the odd episode for some reason, but they broadcast the entire eleven seasons and have now started again right from Episode 1.

They're currently in the middle of Season 2.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd November 2013, 4:40 PM GMT

I can't confirm that they won't have skipped the odd episode for some reason, but they broadcast the entire eleven seasons and have now started again right from Episode 1.

They're currently in the middle of Season 2.

Oh right. Thanks Aaron.

I've been thinking for ages that it should have a rerun and now it turns out that it's been on a lot.

If the same is also true of Bilko, I am likely to start feeling, erm, "very disappointed". :)

Absolutely love cheers.

I prefer the Rebbecah / woody / Frasier and lilith (sp) years, for me the main characters had developed more and were comfortable with themselves.The writing was superb,just funny stuff time after time after time.
Just have to share one of my favourite 'Normies' with you

"Women....can't live with them,...pass the beernuts"