The Daily Show

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before on this forum, but Jon Stewart's Daily Show should be commended for how consistently funny it is. He's got a great circle of contributors and since I started watching my knowledge of what's going on in American politics has increased tenfold.

On a related subject, has anybody seen the Joel Surnow rightwing riposte to the Daily Show? I'd be interested to know what that's like.

The Daily Show was good until you realise they are just doing the same joke again and again. If you really want to know about American politics you should watch Real Time with Bill Maher on YouTube.

If you are interested in "The Daily Show", another programme you might be interested in is "The Colbert Report", which features Stephen Colbert, who worked on "The Daily Show".

I've yet to see the Joel Surnow show, but early reports aren't good. Didn't Charlie Brooker call it creepy? Or something along those lines.

As for The Daily Show, yes, a lot of jokes are repeated, but there's enough new gems each week to make it worthwhile tuning in. Last weeks item on the N-word was fantastic. In fact, the British guy is one of the best things about the show.

The "N-word"? Come on, say it!

Telling us to say the N-word and having a Union Jack as your tag, are you trying to tell us something Aaron? Angry England

You seem to be insinuating that you've fallen for the BNP's mind games of associating them, and only them, with the Union Flag!

Tony Blair was on The Daily Show last night. Can't believe it.

Videos via this news report. It's not exactly the funniest of interviews, but interesting none-the-less.

John Oliver's introduction was funny though. I wish they'd give him back to us: http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=185744

I've watched that interview. Like most of the interviews he gives with political leaders, he does not hold back on the difficult issues like Iraq. A few people have commented at how ill-at-ease Blair looked during the interview.

Quote: Mark @ September 20 2008, 2:22 PM BST

Tony Blair was on The Daily Show last night. Can't believe it.

Videos via this news report. It's not exactly the funniest of interviews, but interesting none-the-less.

John Oliver's introduction was funny though. I wish they'd give him back to us: http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=185744

Thanks Marc! I can't believe I missed that episode (been a busy week).
That was really funny stuff and I'm glad he didn't hold back. "He's like [Bush] the bad boy that a girl is dating...'you don't know him like I do!'". hahaha
I might not agree with Blair on most of what he sure seems like a nice guy in person.

The Daily Show is drivel---and the interviews are the worst available on TV.

Pure pap.
Unadulterated pap.

Someone owns John Stewart like 30 acres of land...him and that incredibly untalented Greg Kinnear. No matter how hard these guys fail someone props them up again.

You should've seen how many shows Stewart was on and failed at until he landed that Daily Show gig...He will ride it out until he is totally bald & wrinkled---or until they cancel the show and put him on another one just like it with a new name.

An MTV whore, that bloke.

Satan owns his soul.
Bill Hicks would puke pink boulders if he was alive to see the Daily Show.

Soft, soft, and lily white-bread. No teeth whatsoever and not the least bit intentionally funny. Smug & smarmy, that's what they are. They act like they think they are so cute and "hard edged".

I belch in their faces.

He was ace at standup through the 90s and he's ace now. :)

Ace at looking nervous & insecure.
Ace at being totally unfunny.

He writes nothing!

Skibs, send some of that weed you're always banging on about back up here, it's dry as fook!

Well, I'm quite sure he wrote his own stand up. :)
In which he was perfectly secure and relaxed.