Arrested Development

Third series starts tomorrow on BBC 2. Can't wait. I've seen a couple of episodes and it's still a quality show.

I thought the BBC had given up, it's nice to know they'll show the last series though. Great programme.

Great to see Arrested Development back on the Beeb, although it would be nice if they put it out at an earlier time where I'm confident it would pick up a strong following.

What are your favourite AD moments? A few suggestions:

GOB and Franklin singing 'It ain't easy being white...'

GOB's crap magic act.

Tobias dressing up as Mrs. Featherbottom.

Wee Britain.

Ben Stiller as the magician.

The Motherboy song.

I found this:

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/arrested.html

I will always love George Snr's funeral, GOB's letter throwing, and the whole of the Meat The Veals episode.

I love the first two series of this show, but I thought the opening two episodes of this final series were really weak. The one set in Britain Land was really poor. Maybe it got cancelled at the right time?

I enjoyed Sunday's double bill on BBC2. By the way, Bravo(sky channel 124) is showing older episodes on Friday nights at 10pm.

Yeah, thats the 1st series, which i occasionally watch. I think series 2 is far superior.

I'm still smarting from their treatment of Seinfeld and now the BBC have decided to piss all over Arrested Development. Following their shoddy treatment of the first two series, they are now messing up the third one. First they decide to start by showing two episodes in one go, so if you missed it you missed two installments and AD is not a show that you can dip in and out of. Then last night they moved it from 11.30 to 12.55 and 1.15! F**king hell! The contempt with which the BBC treat the best US shows never fails to amaze me. Do they hide them in the late night schedules because they want to avoid comparisons with Green Green Grass and Not Going Out and a lot of the other crap that is deemed worthy of a mainstream timeslot?

Quote: Wheeler @ October 9, 2006, 10:48 AM

The contempt with which the BBC treat the best US shows never fails to amaze me.

Definitely! I've only just noticed that they're showing the next season of Family Guy tucked away on late-night BBC3. Talk about putting something great in a grave yard slot.

I'm waiting for the DVD, i can be bothered to stay up until such late times again.

I usually stay up to watch Arrested Development on a Sunday night, but last night was ridiculous. I ended up recording the episodes instead.

Its not even on tonight cause the snooker is on instead. Shameful!

Quote: Jay72 @ October 22, 2006, 1:37 PM

Its not even on tonight cause the snooker is on instead. Shameful!

The only snooker I want to see is in Mitchell and Webb.

I hate it how the BBC give minority sports such power within the schedules thus bumping everything else (especially comedy & kids TV off the air) - they need a BBC Five on freeview where they can put extended coverage of golf, horse racing and snooker.

Quote: Mark @ October 22, 2006, 2:20 PM

The only snooker I want to see is in Mitchell and Webb.

I hate it how the BBC give minority sports such power within the schedules thus bumping everything else (especially comedy & kids TV off the air) - they need a BBC Five on freeview where they can put extended coverage of golf, horse racing and snooker.

Agreed. I'm a big sports fan too and am amazed in this day and age that there is no separate BBC sports channel. ITV use 4 for European football, the Tour de France, and so on.

Its not just Arrested Development. It goes back to Seinfeld, Larry Sanders, Malcolm in the Middle, Family Guy, etc. Thank God Channel 4 got the Simpsons off them!

Quote: Mark @ October 22, 2006, 2:20 PM

I hate it how the BBC give ANY sport such overriding power!