What are you gaming?

Might as well add to the collection of What Are You...? threads.

Here you can discuss what video/computer games you are currently playing.

I'll go first...

I'm currently playing ICO on the PS2. I've spent ages trying to get hold of this game, after playing and loving Shadow of the Colossus a few years ago. Finally managed to track a copy down.

So I've been playing it all morning and it's so pretty and I'm loving it.

:)

I also got Psychonauts, yet to play that yet though.

I've bought Little Big Planet recently but have yet to really give it a good thrashing.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 24 2009, 3:16 PM GMT

I've bought Little Big Planet recently but have yet to really give it a good thrashing.

Is it as in depth with the level creator as they say?

Seems to be, although I haven't really got that involved with that either.

I did make a giant pink penis though, that blasted away on rockets. Laughing out loud It's like having your own set of history books to draw in. :)

That's the first PS3 game I've been interested in playing. You'll have to tell me how it is when you've given it some playing time.

For me I own a Wii and 360.
I like my Wii but they haven't put out any decent games in a while. So for the last few months I haven't been playing any Wii.
Xbox 360: I play Gears of War 2 a lot. I got my money's worth on that one for sure.
I borrowed Mass Effect from a friend over the Christmas holiday and I've been hooked on that for a while now. Great game! I play it possibly more than Gears these days.
I started playing Lego Indiana Jones around Christmas but it slowly became the game my fiancee and I play together. So I don't play it alone any more. And she is rarely in the mood to play games so basically that game (although very fun) is on hiatus.

Two games I would buy if I had cash:
Wii is apparently (if not already) coming out with their version of Spores! I really wanted to play it on my Mac but I don't have the newest stupid OS to play it. So I'm really excited for that one. I read that they'll be coming out with additional games like Spores adventures too. Where you can take your Spore creations and play them in an RPG sort of world.
The other game is Fallout 3. I love RPGs. If I had the cash I would own it right now.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 24 2009, 3:24 PM GMT

I did make a giant pink penis though, that blasted away on rockets. Laughing out loud It's like having your own set of history books to draw in. :)

:D

Quote: Curt @ January 24 2009, 3:24 PM GMT

I like my Wii but they haven't put out any dece

I was going to get the missus a Wii. Is it not worth it then?

Quote: Leevil @ January 24 2009, 3:28 PM GMT

I was going to get the missus a Wii. Is it not worth it then?

I have one and a PSP also.

My sister got a Wii for Christmas, and also got WiiFit. Her, her husband and her kids all love it.

That's the first PS3 game I've been interested in playing. You'll have to tell me how it is when you've given it some playing time.

What I can say is that the physics are amazing and that listening to tutorials, voiced by Stephen Fry, are a pleasure.

I love RPGs.

I don't, I prefer something like a shooter or driving game. Something simple I can play for a bit, then put down.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 24 2009, 3:34 PM GMT

I don't, I prefer something like a shooter or driving game. Something simple I can play for a bit, then put down.

I'm the same. Although when I was younger, I did love the RPGs but I suspect if they had the games I liked now, then RPGs would of never got a look in. Except for my beloved Zelda: A Link To The Past <3

Great game. My mate who lives a few streets away wrote all Stephen Fry's dialogue in that game, the lucky bastard. He's never played a video game in his life, either!

At the moment I'm playing Alone In The Dark on the 360, and Prince Of Persia. Alone In The dark is incrediblly cinematic. gameplay clip here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9VUc7osWRkw&feature=related

Quote: Lee Henman @ January 24 2009, 3:38 PM GMT

Alone In The dark is incrediblly cinematic. gameplay clip here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9VUc7osWRkw&feature=related

That's the second clip of that game you've shown us now. I've never played AITD but always imagined it to be a subtle horror. I was obviously wrong lol. It looks good though.

Great game. My mate who lives a few streets away wrote all Stephen Fry's dialogue in that game, the lucky bastard. He's never played a video game in his life, either!

the lucky bastard.

At the moment I'm playing Alone In The Dark on the 360, and Prince Of Persia. Alone In The dark is incrediblly cinematic. gameplay clip here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9VUc7osWRkw&feature=related

I don't remember the reviews being that great, IIRC.

Quote: Leevil @ January 24 2009, 3:41 PM GMT

That's the second clip of that game you've shown us now. I've never played AITD but always imagined it to be a subtle horror. I was obviously wrong lol. It looks good though.

Sorry I forgot. It's a great game - if only they'd sorted the lunky controls it would've been a world beater.

Quote: Lee Henman @ January 24 2009, 3:54 PM GMT

Sorry I forgot.

I was just trying to emphasize my point of what a not-so-subtle-looking-game it is, I wasn't having ago. :)

Two games I would buy if I had cash:
Wii is apparently (if not already) coming out with their version of Spores! I really wanted to play it on my Mac but I don't have the newest stupid OS to play it. So I'm really excited for that one. I read that they'll be coming out with additional games like Spores adventures too. Where you can take your Spore creations and play them in an RPG sort of world.

Spore is The most over hyped game ever. Didn't live up to what it promised more a collection of mini games. The Gremlin Empire is now space age and I lostinterst about a day after getting it.

On the subject of gaming, I really hate the Wii advertising campaign featuring Harry Redknapp and the rest of the Redknapp family. So annoying and cheesy. Makes me want to vomit. Sick Sick Sick Sick