Cowards Page 6

Hi Aaron.

It was in the second episode, the one screened this last week. I think I can answer my own query now, though: I'm pretty sure it was "Fade Into You", by Mazzy Star...

Cheers,

Tony.

Quote: Griff @ August 11 2010, 12:17 AM BST

I like Cowards a lot.

Thanks. :)

I like my namesakes too, especially the smoking judges, those sketches always tickled me.

The caravan professionals were my favourite. Brilliant.

I've watched two or three of them on iPlayer and I'm not sure I get it. More hit than miss for me I'm afraid. It's like they had material for fifteen minutes on a half hour show - it all comes over as a bit laboured.
Still, they seem to be enjoying themselves.

I should give this more of a chance, but whenever I stumble upon it while channel surfing, it fails to grab my attention. Perhaps it is simply that fey indy pop does not provides the most suitable backing track to sketch humour; but then the whole show has the feel of the comedy equivalent of listening to Coldplay.

Quote: Griff @ August 13 2010, 11:12 AM BST

If you mean the "whistling" soundtrack to Cowards, it's a piece of Ennio Morricone.

Fair enough, though I can't say I have ever really associated Morricone with comedy. As I say I should really give it more of a chance, though Tim Key is a bit of a turn off for me.

I like Tim Key. That is all.

Quote: Griff @ August 13 2010, 11:23 AM BST

As for Tim Key, get yourself onto BitTorrent and download All Bar Luke. It's one of the best radio sitcoms ever.

Is there any "poetry"?

I've never warmed to Tim Key either. Not got around to listening to All Bar Luke yet though.

Quote: Griff @ August 15 2010, 10:31 AM BST

MAN WALKS INTO PET SHOP

MAN: What's the fittest animal you've got in the shop?

OWNER: Why do you want to know?

MAN: I can't tell you that.

OWNER: Why not?

MAN: Because if I do, I think you might not sell it to me.

Reminds me of a neighbour of mine who assumed by the local pet shop to be a huge enthusiast for ornamental fish, until it was discovered that he was purchasing them to feed to his piranha. After that they refused to sell him any more.

Just watched a few sketches on YouTube of this. Quite funny, but I didn't laugh out loud. I merely whisper-laughed. Maybe, as Griff says, I need to watch a whole episode. On a TV screen.

I saw a bit of one epsiode again, where a guy is asked to identify his fathers body, but it turns out to be the body of Michael Crawford. 'But what was he doing in my parents garden?'

Is there going to be any more?

I quite enjoy Cowards. Some of it at least. But I listened to one episode of All Bar Luke and it wasn't for me at all.

Still bloody love it

I like the line-up sketch. Still that was only one sketch and as for the whole programme I've no idea if I like it or not.