Cowards

Did anyone catch this last night? Some decent sketches but some very random ones. Plays a lot on the awkwardness of situations rather than big laughs.

Yeees, I agree. Some of it was quite good, but I found that the overall tone/feeling of the show just didn't work for me.

Not that it was bad, mind. We'll see if it's any different for episode 2.

It was quite good, though some of the sketches were a bit 'nothing'. Some funny stuff too, but the low key tone it was all a bit one note. So far at least, all the men seem exactly the same as well. The judges were great, and the Richard Madely song.

Compared to a lot of stuff out there it was actually quite good.

Some jokes worked very well, I especially liked the high court judges.
Thing is that was the closest they had to a classical sketch and the rest felt like they were going for Jam but missed the boat.

Jam? Can't say it reminded me of that at all, personally.

It reminded me more of The Office/Extras type humour.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ January 21 2009, 1:41 PM GMT

It reminded me more of The Office/Extras type humour.

Yeah, low key. The style of thing our own Stuart Laws might do.

Oh yes!

I liked it. A hell of a lot more than most recent sketch shows.

Quote: zooo @ January 21 2009, 1:54 PM GMT

Oh yes!

I liked it. A hell of a lot more than most recent sketch shows.

I did like it, though I prefer The Serafinowhatever one. More my style. I hope there's another series of that.

Serafinowicz.

I loved it, I think it was even better than the radio series. I'm not entirely feeling the Jam comparisons, but there was something wonderfully warped about the sketch at the checkout.

Quote: Splodge @ January 21 2009, 2:00 PM GMT

I loved it, I think it was even better than the radio series. I'm not entirely feeling the Jam comparisons, but there was something wonderfully warped about the sketch at the checkout.

Which one? I don't remember that at all.

I didn't fully get that one.

He slapped his willy wonka on the counter when she'd asked for his loyalty card.

Quote: zooo @ January 21 2009, 2:03 PM GMT

He slapped his willy wonka on the counter when she'd asked for his loyalty card.

Oh yeah.

Doh! I missed it but I liked the sketches they made when they took over BBC Three's website a while back.