Being Human Page 23

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 7 2012, 9:24 AM GMT

It's shaping up to be pretty lazy, derivative stuff.

You say that as if it's a new development. The show lost its edge when it moved from Bristol to Wales, and although the third series was fairly fun it was still on the ropey side, with a lot of airy-fairy bollocks.

As for this series, I think we have to wait for them to settle down. And the Ghost Adult Baby Woman is pretty sexy.

Do some men really ONLY watch TV for the tits?
If that was me I wouldn't admit to being so shallow, even on here...!

Quote: chipolata @ February 7 2012, 10:08 AM GMT

You say that as if it's a new development. The show lost its edge when it moved from Bristol to Wales, and although the third series was fairly fun it was still on the ropey side, with a lot of airy-fairy bollocks.

Fair point, but at least the three main characters were engaging and there was still some humour in the writing.

The premise of the show, as I understood it, was "supernatural entities trying to live regular lives", but now it's looking like just another rehash of the tedious vampires vs werewolves meme, with a bit of The Terminator thrown in.

Quote: zooo @ February 7 2012, 11:31 AM GMT

Do some men really ONLY watch TV for the tits?
If that was me I wouldn't admit to being so shallow, even on here...!

We only do anything for the tits. I only read the BCG forums on the off chance Ellie will get them out again.

Bit boring to start with, but not a bad episode overall. Glad they've shaken everything out and finally got the new team in place.

I'm really disappointed with the turn it's taken. There's just no humour in it anymore. The replacement characters are just not interesting and if they think having Leanora Crichlow looking gormless and having the boys calling each other names counts for comedy I can't see it getting better.

Was good I thought, liked the new Vamp; nice funny relationship between him and the werewolf.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 13 2012, 12:56 PM GMT

Was good I thought, liked the new Vamp; nice funny relationship between him and the werewolf.

I quite like the new vamp. In fact he's probably better than the old one, who was essentially just a male model who looked off into the middle distance a lot. The new werewolve's a bit chavvy, though.

He is king of chavs.
I like the new vampire too. I like the way he talks. (Although he sounds exactly like the bloke who used to narrate Mr Benn.)

I spent half of the episode trying to work out why the werewolf was so familiar to me and it turns out that he's the brother of Lauren Socha from Misfits - they have the exact same accent and if he plucked his eybrows and grew his hair he would be her double.

Jezz, his eyebrows! How big are they?!

I think he got the job on the basis of his bushy caterpillars - makes him a convincing werewolf...

Great episode. Lots of laughs. Mark Williams was excellent.

Very funny episode; the new werewolf/Vamp duo work really well together. More of an odd couple take now.

Last ep was much better. Though I wish it wasn't quite so easy to kill the vampires - if the only thing that can kill you is getting stabbed in the chest, maybe some kind of stab-vest?

Quote: Harridan @ February 20 2012, 9:18 AM GMT

Last ep was much better. Though I wish it wasn't quite so easy to kill the vampires - if the only thing that can kill you is getting stabbed in the chest, maybe some kind of stab-vest?

True I believe the policeman vampire who usually wears a stab vest neglected to bring it for the fight.
Tom must be seriously good if he is able to easily dispatch of two at a time , Annie could help a bit more due to the fact she can rent-a-ghost and is immortal.