Carry On... Page 6

No deal. Unimpressed

A discernible chink there which may be open to exploitation at a later date. Fnaar, fnaar.
:)

Quote: Aaron @ August 21 2009, 1:03 AM BST

No deal. Unimpressed

£100,000 and no twix?

>> Do you take cheque?

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/12+inch+talking+kenneth+williams+doll+carry+cleo/pid/8722470

:D

£100,000 is more like what I'm thinking of, yes. Cool

Direct bank transfer only though. Like I say, I do love Carry Ons.

(We're probably getting a little off topic here now. Even though strictly speaking it is discussing Carry On merchandise...)

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 21 2009, 1:11 AM BST

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/12+inch+talking+kenneth+williams+doll+carry+cleo/pid/8722470

:D

I was going to post that, but noticed: "Sorry this item is temporarily out of stock. Order now and we will despatch as soon as it is available."

I might just have a punt at that when sober !

:O

Quote: Aaron @ August 21 2009, 1:12 AM BST

£100,000 is more like what I'm thinking of, yes. Cool

Direct bank transfer only though.

*Gets hacking fingers out*

Right, I'll just find a bank account. Whistling nnocently

I'm a bit iffy about the Carry On films. I've seen a few and they've all been rather a bit tedious, but I did love Carry On Screaming. Camping was alright, but I did think Up The Khyber was overrated.

They seemed to be on TV all the time when I was a child, so I guess I've seen and enjoyed most of them. But I tried to watch Khyber last year and had to turn it off, so perhaps they don't work for me now.

I have the feeling the quality declined in a big way as the films went on, to the point where they tried to compete with the British sex films in the 70s with ...England and ...Emmanuelle, the latter of which is truly awful.

Quote: Bad dog @ August 24 2009, 12:10 PM BST

I have the feeling the quality declined in a big way as the films went on, to the point where they tried to compete with the British sex films in the 70s with ...England and ...Emmanuelle, the latter of which is truly awful.

Yes, after Sid James' death they did go down that route. Pity really, but that's the way the appetite for those kind of films was going.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 24 2009, 12:05 PM BST

I'm a bit iffy about the Carry On films. I've seen a few and they've all been rather a bit tedious

Do you like any of those cheeky, smutty comedies? Are You Being Served?, perhaps? Up Pompeii!, the Confessions films?

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 24 2009, 12:05 PM BST

Camping was alright, but I did think Up The Khyber was overrated.

The scene where there are eating dinner as the place is bombarded is pure class.

Quote: Aaron @ August 24 2009, 12:46 PM BST

Do you like any of those cheeky, smutty comedies? Are You Being Served?, perhaps? Up Pompeii!, the Confessions films?

Up the Chasidery* Belt is great

Aaron will correct my spelling

I can't watch them and think they're hugely overrated - especially by people being ironic. Carry On Screaming is the exception.

Quote: bigfella @ August 24 2009, 12:57 PM BST

The scene where there are eating dinner as the place is bombarded is pure class.

Love that sequence. Even if I didn't like the rest of the film, it'd be worth it for that.

Quote: bigfella @ August 24 2009, 12:57 PM BST

Up the Chasidery* Belt is great

Aaron will correct my spelling

Chastity. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 24 2009, 12:57 PM BST

I can't watch them and think they're hugely overrated - especially by people being ironic. Carry On Screaming is the exception.

Funnily enough (or not), that's probably my least favourite of the lot.

Quote: Aaron @ August 24 2009, 1:11 PM BST

Chastity. :)

I wasn't even close was I :(

What is Aaron's view on this masterpiece?

I seem to spot new jokes to groan at everytime I see yet another umpteeth repeat of a Carry-On film. As already mentioned they were such a bunch seasoned pros, Charles Hawtrey was doing this kind of stuff with Will Hay before the war. Always thought Joan Sims was the most versatile as she could do mumsy, battle axe, vamp and floozy with very little effort.