Carry On...

Personally, I think they're brilliant. "Cheeky" and suggestive without being outright rude. For those who understand the nudge-nudge-wink-wink jokes, they're there, but for those who don't - including younger audiences - it's still funny. Certainly within that form of comedy, anyway.

So, who else around here loves the Carry On films?

Some of them were quite funny but the later ones (by later ones I measn the ones from the 70s and not Carry on Columbus) were terrible, full of dirty old men leering at young women.

Hmm, well, I suppose some of them did get a bit down towards the end. Are you thinking of any in particular?

I think it was called Carry on Doctor. It was on Film Four a couple of weeks ago. An absolute pile of crap.

Carry On Doctor is one of the few which actually don't have much of that - plus it's 1967 - so can't be that one. Perhaps Carry On Matron, with the man masquerading as a nurse in order to steal pills from the hospital?

It had Sid james playing a cross dressing psychopath who has an obsession with Babs Windsor's knockers.

The obsession with Babara Windsor's "knockers" could be pretty much any film featuring the two of them, but I can't offhand think of any in which Sid dressed as a female.

I think it was the one where they went in to space...Carry on up Uranus.

Wow. Just... Wow.

I love Kenneth Williams "Oh matron, behave!"

Michael Sheen was also good when he played him in Fantabulosa.

Ah yes, that was indeed a very good bio-pic. I was a little sceptical before seeing it, but it was better than I had feared, and Sheen really looked quite at home in the role.

Sheen's amazing. Are there any famous men from history that he *hasn't* played?

I don't really like Carry On films, but I have always liked Jim Dale.

I'm a big fan of the Carry On films. Carry On Camping is probably my favourite.

Found this: http://www.intandemfilms.com/movies/carryonlondon.htm

Hmmm, nothing new there by the looks of it. Hopefully something will begin to happen soon; the production has had many problems so far. :(