I read the news today oh boy! Page 668

Quote: AJGO @ February 16 2012, 8:33 PM GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/feb/16/asa-investigate-big-fat-gypsy-wedding-ads

Does it make me a racist that I find this incredibly irritating?

In the age of Twitter, "almost 100" complaints to the ASA is f**k all.

EDIT: But yes, you are racist.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 16 2012, 8:43 PM GMT

In the age of Twitter, "almost 100" complaints to the ASA is f**k all.

EDIT: But yes, you are racist.

Huh. There I was, managing to live for three decades without thinking more or less of anyone because of their race, and I've been made racist by a shit reality telly programme. I think those 100 people should be done for racism for making me racist.

Quote: AJGO @ February 16 2012, 8:52 PM GMT

Huh. There I was, managing to live for three decades without thinking more or less of anyone because of their race, and I've been made racist by a shit reality telly programme. I think those 100 people should be done for racism for making me racist.

You should complain to the PCC.

Man suffers heart attack while eating at Heart Attack Grill

Millions of Americans watch what they eat. But one Las Vegas man has painfully discovered that where you eat can have a big impact on your health as well. In a story almost too bizarre to be true, a man suffered a heart attack after eating a "triple bypass burger" at the Heart Attack Grill in downtown Las Vegas, local affiliate Fox5 reports.

As comically tragic as that may sound, no one can sue the restaurant for not issuing fair warning. Its website proudly proclaims the menu offers, "Taste Worth Dying For!" (Fortunately, the man in question survived his attack.)

Still, it was the first actual known cardiac incident at the Heart Attack Grill. "He was having the sweats and shaking," "Nurse" Bridgett, who was working at the restaurant at the time of the incident, told Fox5. (Employees at the restaurant are given fake medical titles, including the establishment's owner, "Doctor" Jon Basso.)

"I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humour, we would never pull a stunt like that," Bosso told Fox5. "He was sweating, suffering. Anyone with an ounce of compassion would've felt for him."

Basso said the man's name is being kept private but that he is recovering from the heart attack.

Of course, you can't blame patrons for being caught up in the overwhelming sense of irony. Not only is the restaurant named the Heart Attack Grill, but its sign tells prospective diners that anyone "over 350 pounds eats free." There's even a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant's door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk.

Some of the menu items available for diners at the Heart Attack Grill include: The butterfat milkshake, non-filtered cigarettes, "flatliner" fries and four different burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of one bypass to the quadruple bypass burger.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-suffers-heart-attack-while-eating-heart-attack-185717972.html

Aww, silly bugger.
I saw a picture of the burger somewhere, it did look delicious. (If stupidly massive.)

I'd eat it.

Quote: DaButt @ February 17 2012, 12:18 AM GMT

I'd eat it.

And me.

Then I might pick at the burger . .

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 17 2012, 12:22 AM GMT

Then I might pick at the burger . .

Thanks for making me look like the good guy. ;)

I learned it from Thatcher !

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 17 2012, 12:30 AM GMT

I learned it from Thatcher !

You learned cunnilingus from Margaret Thatcher?!
*spits out drink*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-17066798

17 months for that?

The World's gone f*ckin' mad !

17 years more like !

Angry

Albeit what an idiot arguing with a bus!

I was on a bus the other day when the bus driver cut some one up. He parked infront of the bus blocking it. Got on the bus and demanded the drivers name. The driver punched him and nicked his phone.

Funny old world.

Quote: AJGO @ February 16 2012, 8:33 PM GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/feb/16/asa-investigate-big-fat-gypsy-wedding-ads

Does it make me a racist that I find this incredibly irritating?

I don't think it makes you racist, I think it makes you human. The complaint that the show is more 'Gypsier' then ever is a strange boast.

Having never seen the show myself, I couldn't tell you if this season is more pikey then the last, and to my shocking ignorance, I didn't even know Gypsy-ness was a quantifiable commodity capable of comparative measurement. Huh, shows what I know.

However, despite the controversial advertising, I'm sure fans of the show will still view it as a serious sociological study into the customs and rituals of a rarely publicised culture akin to a National Geographic documentary in both style and tone.

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 17 2012, 1:14 AM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-17066798

17 months for that?

The World's gone f*ckin' mad !

17 years more like !

Angry

I disagree. Some cyclists are real c**ts. This one banged on the bus then leant on the front whilst pulling the windscreen wiper. There is no God given right to ride a bike on roads that are funded by vehicle users.

*Enters his utter contempt of cyclists in the BCG Interests book.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 17 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

I don't think it makes you racist, I think it makes you human. The complaint that the show is more 'Gypsier' then ever is a strange boast.

Having never seen the show myself, I couldn't tell you if this season is more pikey then the last, and to my shocking ignorance, I didn't even know Gypsy-ness was a quantifiable commodity capable of comparative measurement. Huh, shows what I know.

However, despite the controversial advertising, I'm sure fans of the show will still view it as a serious sociological study into the customs and rituals of a rarely publicised culture akin to a National Geographic documentary in both style and tone.

My tooth still hurts so I'm still in a bad mood. I'm just sick of everyone f**king complaining all the f**king time (*is aware of major hypocrisy but chooses to ignore it*). They're not complaining about being portrayed a certain way in the programme, but about the advert, which has just put 'er' at the end of words. 100 people think 'er' at the end of words is offensive. And no disrespect to travellers who aren't muppets, but the people quoted in that article seem to have quite permanent urban residences. If you're going to get funny about use of words, don't be all 'I'm a traveller, I'm offended' when you clearly travel nowhere

And I didn't think I was being racist, what with not being racist. It just pisses me off that when someone doesn't like something they add an 'ist' to their complaint so you can't say they're being twats regardless of race, age or gender, without sounding like an ist.