I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,772

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-picture-teenager-accused-plotting-6124856

Take this dimwit, who's going to spend a lot of time in prison doing whatever it is you do in prison these days.

He planned a massacre and like most of these killers, he no brain surgeon.

So his action of gathering the tools for his massacre; guns and bombs. Was enough for the plod to sweep him up like some educationally challenged litter.

Whilst in the US, in the Oklahoma massacre it's another kid who stole a relative's gun. Basically you've reduced mass murder to the level of raiding dad's liquor cabinet.

Those who fight against gun control, actively or passively, with a shrug of helplessness, are dooming more kids to horrible deaths and more parents to unspeakable grief just as surely as are those who fight against pediatric medicine or childhood vaccination. It's really, and inarguably, just as simple as that.

How the f**k can you still support your f**king country's stupid arrogance Dabutt?

Quote: DaButt @ 4th October 2015, 5:02 PM BST

Yeah, that article isn't worth the electrons it was written with.

I've still not heard a workable plan for removing the millions of illegal guns carried illegally by criminals. Any suggestions? As I've said, bonus points if it's legal under the constitution.

make them all illegal.

Let's maybe calm it down a little.

DaButt to the best of my knowledge hasn't shot anyone.

We're all friends around here just with differing views.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153722049769255

Cambridge dictionary:- "Adonis - a very beautiful or sexually attractive young man"

I think not............... >_< (another wanker)

I do wonder if there is a subtle f**k you, in holding the conference in the city that's such a heart land of Labour. Not to mention home of the Grauniad.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th October 2015, 5:38 PM BST

How about - Make them illegal to own from tomorrow.
Hand in your guns and ammo legal or illegal.

First of all, that would require a constitutional amendment which would have to be ratified by a 3/4 majority of states. It'll never happen. But if it did, the good guys would turn in their firearms and the bad guys wouldn't.

I'd like to see a test of this scenario enacted for a short time (5 years?) in a major Blue state with a serious gun crime problem - maybe New York or California? Ban all guns, forcibly confiscate them from their owners and then disarm the police and bodyguards that protect both the little people and the politicians. It wouldn't be pretty, but it would be an eye opener.

Quote: sootyj @ 4th October 2015, 6:44 PM BST

There've been almost 12,000 ammendments to the constitution since it was created.

No there haven't. There have been 17 amendments made since 1789, but 2 of them cancel each other out, so in reality there have been 15 changes made in the last 226 years.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th October 2015, 9:30 PM BST

Those who fight against gun control, actively or passively, with a shrug of helplessness, are dooming more kids to horrible deaths

Why is it always about kids? The deaths of actual kids (pre-teens who aren't involved in the gang or drug lifestyle) are tiny and typically are the result of accidents due to improperly stored firearms.

I actually nicked that quote from someone else's post.

It's just clear that America is as uncivilised as Russia.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th October 2015, 7:23 PM BST

It's just clear that America is as uncivilised as Russia.

Nah, their murder rate is twice ours. They come in at 66th worldwide, while we're a mere 111th. We're actually more comparable to Latvia.

When are Blair and Mandelson going to stop pretending and join the Bullingdon Party?

What do you think about Snowden's assertions about GCHQ and mobile phones? Can it be true?

Quote: keewik @ 5th October 2015, 11:47 PM BST

What do you think about Snowden's assertions about GCHQ and mobile phones? Can it be true?

Wassat?

Google it - the News or whatever. I think they're onto me because of my posts about the Duke of Edinburgh! Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ 5th October 2015, 11:47 PM BST

Most likely. And it's also most likely that your nation is less safe after his revelation.

Snowden is a traitor and the most damaging spy of all time. He has compromised sources and programs that cost our nations billions of dollars, allowing our enemies to evade detection. He literally gave away the keys to the kingdom and our intelligence services are paying the price. Add in the recent hacking successes and China and Russia (along with lesser actors) will be able to sidestep our intelligence gathering methods for years, all the while improving their own.

It should come as no surprise that Snowden ran off to China and Russia after his espionage mission; they'll probably erect statues to him someday. He wasn't a whistleblower intent on informing the public, he was a spy intent on raiding our country's most sensitive secrets. The fact that he has been able to turn allies against allies and citizens against their nation is just icing on the poisonous cake.

People will die because of Snowden's treason. Good people. And our nations will suffer.

"An 11-year-old boy in the US state of Tennessee has been held on suspicion of shooting dead an eight-year-old neighbour in a row over a puppy.

The boy has been charged with first-degree murder as a juvenile."

They should be charging the father.