I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,746

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th June 2015, 7:51 PM BST

So bell ends will continue to mass murder.

I've got it, Bell End did it in the drawing room with the spanner. All this talk of guns was a bumb steer.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2015, 7:35 PM BST

Yes but that constitution was drawn up when you were worried about us. You really don't NEED a gun nowadays. It's totally illogical and uncivilised.

The Second Amendment is not an outdated remnant of times long past. It has been upheld numerous times by the Supreme Court over the last two centuries.

Tens of millions of hunters would disagree with you about not needing guns. So, too, would millions of Americans who have used firearms in self defence. It is neither illogical, nor uncivilized, to own a hunk of plastic, metal and wood. It is certainly not illogical to arm oneself for self defence and the only uncivilized people are the 0.002% of the population who use firearms to murder people.

It's a futile discussion. Every last American wants their gun because the next man has.

Who wants to bring a knife to a gunfight? ;)

So bell ends will continue to mass murder and they will claim it's a rarity and blame the rest on gangs and criminals.
Everyone else is quite safe.

Mass murders are quite rare but, yes, people will continue to do so by any means available, in the United States and everywhere else.

Yes, overall everyone who isn't a criminal, gang member or participant in the drug trade is quite safe.

Quote: DaButt @ 24th June 2015, 8:52 PM BST

Who wants to bring a knife to a gunfight? ;)

So, what's the answer to the Calais mob Chums ?

A unified EU response to immigration across the whole of it with the UK agreeing to take a set number of refugees and economic migrants. Figure to be based on number of refugees/economic migrants across the whole EU and capacity.

Beyond those totals people returned home, if they've destroyed their ID then I guess displaced person camps till they decide where they want a free ticket to outisde of the EU.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 24th June 2015, 9:09 PM BST

An now a machine gun there might come in useful!

Quote: sootyj @ 24th June 2015, 9:19 PM BST

A unified EU response to immigration across the whole of it with the UK agreeing to take a set number of refugees and economic migrants. Figure to be based on number of refugees/economic migrants across the whole EU and capacity.

Beyond those totals people returned home, if they've destroyed their ID then I guess displaced person camps till they decide where they want a free ticket to outisde of the EU.

But the majority only want to come here because of our stupid benefits system.

I wouldn't assume that. They seem to think it's easier here to get a job and a nice life than where they are. Little do they know!

Blow up the Channel Tunnel (while empty, obviously).

Well I do and agree with Chappers. Why do they cross and go through all those perfectly adequate countries in mainland Europe? Because those countries it seems do not throw money at them like we saps do.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2015, 10:07 PM BST

Well I do and agree with Chappers. Why do they cross and go through all those perfectly adequate countries in mainland Europe? Because those countries it seems do not throw money at them like we saps do.

Well it's definitely not for the weather and the friendly natives is it!

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd June 2015, 5:27 PM BST

I feel very comfortable distancing myself from gangs and drug dealers because they might as well be on another planet.

When it comes to statistics, you have to count them.

Well, in the long run I suppose we need to civilise these shitholes they all come from.
I'm sure they'd all rather be among their indigenous people, eating their own grub etc etc.
We allow to many of these states to fail.
Bring back the Empire!

Quote: Nogget @ 25th June 2015, 8:51 AM BST

When it comes to statistics, you have to count them.

I understand, but if you live in Tinytowne, UK, where there hasn't been a murder in 40 years and there's a shooting every minute 300 miles away in Upper Gangland, you'd probably want to provide clarification if someone called the UK a murderous death trap.

Yeh the UK narrative on US gun issues could be viewed as limited.

Certainly something like half your gun deaths on crook on crook.

And a hefty other percentage is one time crims. The guy who wants to kill his wife and then himself.

Of course having so many guns in circulation waiting to be sold dubiously or stolen, makes them more likely.

Apparently the burning issue in Scotland tonight is Gregg's decision to stop producing macaroni pies. Nicola Sturgeon's father has commanded her to join the campaign against it.