Not Going Out - Series 6 Page 16

Quote: David Smith @ May 13 2013, 7:17 PM BST

How many series do you think NGO will get in the future?

I thought enough for Mack to turn it into a family sitcom, but if The Smiths is commissioned then that's what that will be. NGO this core of his career at the moment, but I don't think it will be forever. Sid James had a trajectory from Citizen James to Bless This House, so it's not unusual for a comic actor to extend or change his persona.

Exactly The Smiths might not last long though Dave.

I really did enjoy last night's episode. I felt it had some really funny moments. Definitely one of the better episodes this series.

Well that was terrible. Didn't laugh once.

Me and the wife used to love this show but this series we gave up after 3 episodes, sorry Lee.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ May 19 2013, 2:15 PM BST

Me and the wife used to love this show but this series we gave up after 3 episodes, sorry Lee.

What is it about the show that's changed so drastically for you, Tony?

I think Rising Damp's Stage Struck episode did last night's plot much better.

"Oh Slim!"

:)

Actually looking back on Episode 6 I found it rather poor. The only episode which has been laugh out loud was the first episode but I have continued to stick with it this series but sadly things have just gone downhill.

Friday's episode "Play" IMO was not great, but did anybody here go to the recording?

I was wondering how much was done at Teddington, I assume the Stage stuff was done on location, which did not leave much for the studio audience?

Re Me

Quote: Anon Umus @ May 20 2013, 5:54 PM BST

Friday's episode "Play" IMO was not great, but did anybody here go to the recording?

I was wondering how much was done at Teddington, I assume the Stage stuff was done on location, which did not leave much for the studio audience?

Re Me

I guess they would just show the stage stuff on a screen for the audience and just film the flat scenes as normal.

Quote: Aaron @ May 19 2013, 2:46 PM BST

What is it about the show that's changed so drastically for you, Tony?

It just seems very tired and the consistency of the shows logic seems to have gone out of the window, for example, Lucy always used to be the together one, she was the responsible, intelligent one where as in this series she's become an idiot who runs over rabbits and panics.

Also, the characters seem to have become unlovable, I don't actually like any of them anymore, Lee and Lucy are forever sniping at one another, I don't actually believe that they like each other let alone that they might be falling in love. Why would she put up with some of the things Lee does? Why does she continue to let Lee live with her?

Daisy's character is too stupid to be believable, she was okay as a relatively minor character but since Tim has left she seems to be more centre stage and has become a poor version of Trigger.

The scenarios are becoming more forced, the logic which holds the characters together seems to be stretched to breaking point and a lot of the more recent episodes have just been plain dull.

And I guess, overall, the show seems to have lost a bit of its fun and joie de vivre, a lot of the humour is now much ruder and seems to have developed a slightly nasty edge, I preferred it when it was more silly knockabout fun.

To be fair though, this is all a continuation of the last series which I thought was taking the show on a downhill trajectory, it was almost as if they were trying to make it more "edgy" which, for me, completely went against the ethos of the show.

It's definitely no where near as good as it used to be.
It shows how important a part Tim Vine played.
And as others have said I don't think the one who plays Lucy is a very good comic actor.

I really have nothing good to say again just like the past 5 weeks. Another crap episode full of crap jokes, crap storyline and just overall shocking. I have never said this before about any comedy but I literally cannot wait for Series 6 to finish and I doubt whether I'll buy the DVD when it comes out!

It has been one of the worst series on TV for ages.So cheap and depressing.