Not Going Out - Series 6 Page 15

Quote: lofthouse @ May 10 2013, 10:42 PM BST

Very mehhhh again tonight.

Lost its sparkle for me.

Really has gone off the boil, it seems very laboured

Quote: Pingl @ May 10 2013, 10:43 PM BST

Really has gone off the boil

:)

I couldn't see Mack doing both this and the ELR remake. Writing two sitcoms a year plus touring and other shows would be too much.

Not the sharpest in terms of pure LOLs this week, but a good storyline to develop the series a little further. All round, I enjoyed it.

I thought tonight's was a good one, lots of LOL moments, some clever stuff. I liked the "Kitty" bit in the bar.

I totally dug this weeks episode. I specially loved the MC Hammer lines at the beginning.

I stopped watching this episode half way through. I'm not sure I'm going to bother returning.

NGO has gone from being the funniest thing on TV -- probably the best studio sitcom of the decade in its first few series -- into irritating nonsense.

I've never been much of a believer in the idea that characters need to be likable and the story anchored in reality for a comedy to work, but Not Going Out is convincing me I've been wrong.

The central relationship, the central will-they-won't-they, has never been particularly believable. But the absence of Tim has just highlighted how ludicrous it is and how psychotic Lee is.

There's an utter lack of chemistry between the two leads. Lee's character has lost any warmth he might have had. His put-downs and one-liners just seem random and cruel. Bretton's a barely passable comic actress and she's been given too much to do in the latest series.

The one moment of hope in this episode, for me, was the short scene in the bar between Mack and Wix (who is a great comic actress) but it was wasted. Those scenes between Tim and Lee in the bar were the highlights of the early series, and for a second I thought they were about to recreate the magic. But they didn't.

Personally , I have felt Series 6 has been a right bombshell. It showed real promise as Episode 1 was Fantastic but has just gone down hill week by week and has become really poor. Episode 5 was quite decent , it did make up for the past 3 episodes previous to it. I just really feel they are tearing to shreds so I dread to think what Series 7 will be like.

I think it has gone up and down. Friday's one was shocking, so shocking I had to turn it over.

What's really appalling is that after the regrettable departure of Tim Vine, Daisy gets more screen time. I never liked the character, and the last thing I want is to see more of her.

Some of the best humour in Not Going Out comes not simply from one-liners, but from sharp back-and-forth dialogue. It just doesn't work with Daisy's character - the one-liners bounce off the wall of stupidity, and there's only so much that can be done with that setup.

Honestly, I'd much prefer Miranda Hart, and that says something.

What is wrong with Daisy? It is just like people criticising The Wright Way. Has this series affected the viewers without Tim Vine? He was a major loss to the show. Like losing Arthur and Stan of On The Buses.

Quote: David Smith @ May 12 2013, 10:36 PM BST

What is wrong with Daisy? It is just like people criticising The Wright Way.

Yes - a matter of individual taste.

Loved this week's one, I thought it was excellent - but Daisy was very annoying. But all in all a very good one.

Quote: Agnostik @ May 12 2013, 10:32 PM BST

What's really appalling is that after the regrettable departure of Tim Vine, Daisy gets more screen time. I never liked the character, and the last thing I want is to see more of her.

Some of the best humour in Not Going Out comes not simply from one-liners, but from sharp back-and-forth dialogue. It just doesn't work with Daisy's character - the one-liners bounce off the wall of stupidity, and there's only so much that can be done with that setup.

Agree 100%

How many series do you think NGO will get in the future?