Not Going Out - Series 6 Page 14

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 26 2013, 6:43 PM BST

Hey, be nice to David Smith! ;)

Laughing out loud

i thought tonight's episode was brilliant

No I can't get into this anymore. Too Lucy-based, and she ain't funny. Still, it was nice to see Geoffrey Whitehead doing his schtick, one of the great unsung comic heroes.

Such a good episode.

Loved tonight's episode! Great writing, IMO... built well and had several really clever jokes scattered in there. What a fun show.

Quote: Pingl @ May 4 2013, 12:33 AM BST

Too Lucy-based, and she ain't funny.

Not only is the character not funny, she gets hardly any decent lines and I am not sure Sally Bretton would know what to do with them she did.

The character has no definition other than to be a source of sexual frustration for Lee, which for a major role is a bit weak.

Went to the recording of last night's episode, thought it was good when we were there and also good watching the broadcast version.

The last 2 episodes are back on track, let's forget about the first two.

Re Me

I can barely watch this show any more. I find it more and more excruciating as time goes by.

I must say I found last night's episode rather poor , it was decent but nothing to go mad over!

Lee is writing and starring in a pilot for an adaption of Everybody Loves Raymond, entitled The Smiths, set in Cheshire and co-starring Catherine Tate in the Debra role.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22456065

If it's commissioned, could this be the end of Not Going Out? I hope not.

As Mack has already committed to Not Going Out for at least another series, plus Christmas specials - so let's guess at 10 further half hours after the current run has ended - there is no reason to think this new pilot would mean the end of NGO.

Even less reason if one considers that an Everybody Loves Raymond remake likely has a whole container load of scripts sat, ready and waiting to be mined.

Could he do both, do you think?

Absolutely. Actors and writers past have made time for multiple concurrent productions, so there's no binding reason why Mack couldn't. It's just down to what he personally wishes to do.

I liked the "I heard you're getting close"/"More like Glen Close" line in tonight's episode.

Very mehhhh again tonight.

Lost its sparkle for me.