Cuckoo - Series 1 Page 4

I really like parts of it.
This week the part that made me laugh the most was when that woman was pretending she and her boyfriend were also soon to get married, she said it was on the cards, and he just made a face and shook his head. For some reason that struck me as hilarious.

Haven't watched the second episode and refuse to watch the future ones until someone posts:

'ZOMG! So funny this week, I literally couldn't stop laughing. This is brilliant television!'

But it has to be a review from a BCG Member I respect, I'm not getting burned like I did with Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 3 2012, 4:42 PM BST

Haven't watched the second episode and refuse to watch the future ones until someone posts:

'ZOMG! So funny this week, I literally couldn't stop laughing. This is brilliant television!'

But it has to be a review from a BCG Member I respect, I'm not getting burned like I did with Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.

Have you considered posting it yourself?

I did notice the swearing this time. But it's hard to find good shows without it. Didn't spoil my enjoyment.

What is "Zed Oh eM Gee"?

Quote: Tim Azure @ October 3 2012, 5:22 PM BST

What is "Zed Oh eM Gee"?

It's a bastardisation of OMG! or Oh My God! The person saying it is so excited, that saying 'OMG!' sounds like 'ZOMG!' and is usually accredited to brainless Californian teens.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 3 2012, 4:42 PM BST

But it has to be a review from a BCG Member I respect,

Jake How hasn't posted in years.

Quote: zooo @ October 3 2012, 3:42 PM BST

This week the part that made me laugh the most was when that woman was pretending she and her boyfriend were also soon to get married,

She made me laugh too.

Just watching ep 2 on iPlayer.

Really?
Is this it?

Naked meditation on the kitchen work top.
For Christ's sake. Such a forced/false scene. Absolutely no point to it

And just had the 'swinging dick' conversation between Ken and Lorna.
Utter bollox! As well the dick.

Sorry, I'd just have to tell the c**t (cuckoo) to f**k off!

Can't watch any more.

Not funny for me. I'm very disappointed.

Shame as it's well produced and acted.
Apart from lovely Helen Baxendale who is totally a fish out of water.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ October 3 2012, 3:33 PM BST

Helen Baxendale is hot, nothing wrong there.

Maturing like a fine vintage wine.

This show isn't How Do you Want me but is enjoyable.

The show was badly written in that it came across highly scripted - encapsulating a perfect blend of non-credible situations, ham acting & very strange dialogue.

All is excusable if funny. But it just wasn't for me - I couldn't buy into it.

A shame really, I tuned in mainly because I'm a fan of Samberg, and he stood out for me above the rest in terms of decent acting - but he's a fish far too big for this pond of a show.

The "we've talked about marriage bit" had huge potential to be hilarious, but I found it was butchered by the male actors ridiculous facial expression & reactions - what happened to subtlety & credibility - it was like something out of Panto.

As I said earlier, his facial expression made that even funnier to me.

To me Samberg is the worst thing in it. Not sure if it's because of the annoying part or him.

Samberg is out of his depth in even the worst comedy. He is just unfunny.

He pulled a face that looked like he was gurning and for me, that ruined it. I'll always have a soft spot for Samberg thanks to Lonely Island - I can completely understand why some find him annoying.

I don't have a problem with Samberg, I'm sure he's probably a decent comic actor and performer. I just don't like the character.

Thought it was funny last night :D bit predictable with the drug swap but loved the Dexy's thing and Ken being so high he ordered tickets to see them and a drum kit! Throwing up in the car too, predictable but again, still funny with the two of them driving to his son's party and forcing themselves onto the DJ stand, hehe.

I think the other characters creeping into this are good too, the woman he called cue ball last week in the speech at the supposed 'girls night out' who is desperate for the marriage to end and for her own son to go out with the daughter, that was a good scene with him.

Think it's getting funnier and wondering how it will all end?

Quote: zooo @ October 3 2012, 3:42 PM BST

This week the part that made me laugh the most was when that woman was pretending she and her boyfriend were also soon to get married, she said it was on the cards, and he just made a face and shook his head. For some reason that struck me as hilarious.

Yeah me too. There were some really good bits... although you could see it coming with the camera.