KISS2: One-Liners Page 5

How do you know if you've successful with a submission?

So far they have put the names up when the podcast is released.

Ah.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,
KI Summer Shorts Two now uploaded at http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/ki-summer-shorts-two/
And the credits appear there too.

Thanks for everyone who participated in the call for one-liners - we squeezed in as much as we could.

The next calling note for a full-on Live from Kirrin Island for sketches as well as one-liners will appear on BCG within a few weeks. A writers' brief is now up at http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/writers-brief/ and a new interactive island map to play with on the home page.
Alison

Hi Alison,

It seems that I got a website credit on this episode. However, I've just listened and I don't recognise any of the materialI submitted. Added to this, the announced credit on the podcast seems to say "Matt Fisher."

Has this been a typo on the website? Would you mind telling me which bits of my material you used? As I wouldn't want to take a credit away from someone who did get material on.

Thanks,

Matt.

Didn't get any in according to the credits. :(

Hi Matt. I was going to PM you. I just tweeted you too. We record the credits based on what is recorded - and we recorded your racist bus rant line.
When it comes to the editing, some material has to be dropped to keep the shape and the timing right. For this 'short' the working edit had too many one-liners in proportion to the sketches and I had to drop a couple. I'm afraid it turned out to include one of yours - but also included some from the in-house writing team.

Hence the credit on the website and in the show. It was voted by the team to be recorded. I'm sorry it might have sounded like Fisher the recording. That was partly because we weren't certain if it is pronounced fishWICK or fishISK. I did tell my partner to read here credits fast to fit it al in!

Thanks for joining in - and do offer sketches and one-liners for live from Kirrin Island #2 and hopefully we can record and broadcast your material.

I hope this answer helps.

Best wishes
Alison

Thanks Alison for getting back to me so quickly. I've just seen your tweet reply, too.

While it didn't make the final edit, I'm pleased that it was voted in the show. Thanks for that.

For future reference my surname is pronounced like the two separate words: Fish Wick.

Thanks for the writing credit. I look forward to submitting material for future shows.

Matt.

Thanks for including some of my outpourings again.

May I ask who wrote the mafia sketch and is it the sketch that was performed at Manchester's Sketch In The City (SITC) last month?

I was at SITC, and had a couple of sketches in it myself, and saw what what I think was that sketch but I couldn't spot it credited on the SITC programme.

Cheers,

JD

Hi Dave

I wrote that sketch and, yes, it was performed at SITC last month.

I only found out it had been performed at SITC by complete accident, and then one of the producers kindly confirmed it for me.

How did it go down, out of interest?

Cheers

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ August 29 2012, 1:01 PM BST

Hi Dave

I wrote that sketch and, yes, it was performed at SITC last month.

I only found out it had been performed at SITC by complete accident, and then one of the producers kindly confirmed it for me.

How did it go down, out of interest?

Cheers

Dan

There's me going mad.

Okay - madder.

It was June's SITC and it was credited. I got all confuzzled as in July (when my sketches were on) there was an extra sketch that wasn't in the programme.

I thought 'Mafia Redundancies' went really well and all sketches seemed to go down well with the audience. I'd have paid special attention if I knew I'd have to report upon it 2 months later! ;P

Great. Cheers Mr Dave.

Dan

What's with the big f**k off CIA disclaimer! I think you're punching above your weight with that one.
From what I could glean anyone telling one of your jokes may be deported to the US and probably put in the next cell to Julian Assange when they get him.
You do know this is a comedy website don't you!