Dead Boss Page 2

One does occasionally see double-bills of American sitcoms, but it's not quite common or used in the same way as it is here, no, and tends to be mid-run at that.

Overnights are in. Poor by any other channel, but pretty good by current BBC Three standards. Episode 1 got 497,000 viewers (3.1% share), whilst 2 got 4% at 477k.

I would have said that American TV do double episode premeiers a lot more than us.

Aaron - the ratings parameters for terrestrial channels and multichannels are incomparable. A decent figure for a sitcom on BBC1 should be 4m+, on BBC2 it should be 1.5m+ and BBC3 should be around 0.6/0.7m. You can't say a show's figure is very poor in general because its not geting a BBC1 figure.

The ratings are OK but it's in a very cushy slot so can't afford to fall.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ June 15 2012, 2:12 PM BST

The ratings are OK but it's in a very cushy slot so can't afford to fall.

Is 10:30 a cushy slot? I would have thought tonight's 9:00 slot is far cushier and, will hopefully get bigger numbers. It's certainly when I'll be watching.

Quote: chipolata @ June 15 2012, 3:12 PM BST

Is 10:30 a cushy slot? I would have thought tonight's 9:00 slot is far cushier and, will hopefully get bigger numbers. It's certainly when I'll be watching.

9PM is a lot more competitive and has a much lower lead-in. The 10:30pm slot has an EastEnders lead-in which had 0.8m, very little competition and has Family Guy/American Dad after it which always rates well, so it's effectively sandwiched in between two of BBC Thre's top rated shows and has little competition.

I enjoyed it. It had pace and a fair few laughs. My only reservation is the jaunty incidental music. But all in all a very promising start.

Had high hopes for this. Don't think I laughed once :(

Not sure what to make of this. A lot of plotting, which perhaps got in the way of the comedy, and when there were cues to laugh, I found myself stoney faced. I guess comedy has to be funnier than this for me to be able to watch it alone without a laugh track.

A big cast struggled, with the likes of Geoffrey McGivern and Tom Goodman-Hill reduced to gurning frantically in order to make exposition funny; Bryony Hannah was probably the pick of the bunch as the cellmate. The likes of Susan Calman and Julie T. Wallace were peculiarly underused. I spotted in the end credits that Emma Pierson was involved but I think I must have blinked and missed her.

Emma Pierson was the gold digger widow. Nice to see her on TV again.

I enjoyed the show. It's not hysterically funny, but it does have a strong narrative, an excellent cast and a decent hit rate in the joke department.

I thought Jennifer Saunders was the stand-out performer.

I found it just okay. Not a lot of laughs, but hopefully that'll improve.

I would much prefer to be seeing new episodes of Pulling...

Really enjoyed the first two episodes, there's a touch of the Psychovilles about it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 16 2012, 7:40 PM BST

Really enjoyed the first two episodes, there's a touch of the Psychovilles about it.

I thought the very same thing.

Although not as good.

Yet.

I've been really enjoying this, it's great to have Horgan back on our screens.

There are some great performances, the cell mate is a cracking character. Made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

Good stuff.

I'm really enjoying it too! Everyone is really well cast. Even down to the characters who don't even speak. (Susan Calman is one of the mute followers of the big bully, and even though she's never spoken she's brilliant.)

Episode three was excellent.

Even if I did expect Jack Dee to turn up at any minute.