8 Out of 10 Cats Page 9

https://twitter.com/RonJichardson/status/215715213616480256

I like this comment from John Bishop on Twitter: "To be honest Jimmy Carr's finances are like his jokes - every comedian in the country read it and said I wish I thought of that!"

https://twitter.com/JohnBishop100/status/215046391955849218

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-carr-ive-made-terrible-073607546.html

He's gone down in my respect by apologising. He should just say, "F**k it, I'm just doing what everybody would." And it's not like his act is built upon his personal warmth and cuddliness.

Aw, even though I think it was unnecessary, I think it's quite sweet that he apologised. It's all very middle class, isn't it.

As with some previous bogus outrage about the squaddie paralympic team joke, he kicks this stuff out of touch pretty quick, so the media can move onto to the next guff-fest.

He could have been more conscientious but these people just have managers that hire good accountants (he'll get you loads of legal free money, Jimmy, which you might need one day in this fickle business).

Not sure why Cameron is sticking the boot in, if anyone can change the law he can.

Quote: youngian @ June 21 2012, 11:53 AM BST

Not sure why Cameron is sticking the boot in

Because he's a (insert slang genital expression here)?

Cameron's an idiot to make that sort of comment. The hypocrisy of Carr's actions do burn a little, but he's hardly the most right-on, political, left-wing of comics and he's neither done anything illegal nor anything that most of the rest of us wouldn't (I certainly would), so I can't feel any anger toward him. Good on him, in fact, for working hard and earning a fortune.

Oh f**k right off Cameron. 'Oh no, someone has been participating in a totally legal way of allocating their money and I'm going to try to increase my popularity in possibly the most patronising and transparent way ever seen by a politician which is really quite saying something, by acknowledging that people go to work and save up for tickets to comedy shows'.
F**k the f**k off.
It's you that's the Prime Minister of this country's government, that is the body that debates and passes what is and isn't legal, it's you that is at the head of a country where a whole lot of people don't actually have any f**king job, it's you that knows full well, with your no-police-check-for-Coulson, Rebekah-Brooks-over-for-supper-on-a-regular-basis, Osborne-as-Chancellor-of-the-Exchequer, investment-in-seedy-West-End-nightclub ethos and principles and total contempt for this country, it's people, and it's parliament, it's you that can hang their head in shame and F**k. The. F**k. Off.

Actually it's not the g/Government that debates and passes laws, but yeah...

P.S. its* x 2 ;)

Quote: Aaron @ June 21 2012, 8:39 PM BST

Actually it's not the g/Government that debates and passes laws, but yeah...

P.S. its* x 2 ;)

:D I know, I didn't take the time to make it proper as I thought that sentence through a mist of fuming, the gist stands, and apologies, I was ranting. I am unable to read over what I write when on a rant because the fingers stab at all the keys including the enter one, with the same intensity as would be expected if I was actually gesturing at the target of my wrath.
I shall try to be less ranty here, promise

Surely it's not a co-incidence that the re-runs of Top Gear and QI I've flicked through today have both featured Jimmy Carr?

I am looking forward to this :)

Looks like he's going to get a decent ribbing, but it's not quite the same as Angus Deayton's situation.

Quote: Ben @ June 22 2012, 10:07 PM BST

Looks like he's going to get a decent ribbing, but it's not quite the same as Angus Deayton's situation.

It might be when we find out what he's spent the extra money on

I think they missed a trick this week. They should have had Carr himself on the panels, making biting satirical comments about his own story.

I liked Shaun's 'Keep That' gag though.